TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Irritating News Scroller question

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 20th 2003#96151 Report
hey guys, i'm working on a site and i'm trying to use the news scroller as basically, the content body. However, on different monitors, with different resolutions it comes out in different places. I used the script on the z3roadster site, the one in the FAQ, and i tried flipping through this forum to find the answers but i couldn't come to anything. Let me know what i can do to basically poistion the news scroller in a cell. Why does it have to be in a layer? Let me know, thanks so much
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 20th 2003#96156 Report
if nobody has any good suggestions...i tried just putting the whole website in layers figuring they'll move around relative to one another, which i can deal with, but how the heck do i set layer priority? I need the news scroller layer to be above the other layer...anyone?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 20th 2003#96161 Report
Why are you putting them in layers? I would use tables and you can fix the positioning of the tables. If you use styles to position your elements and dont fix their position, then they move around depending on the resolution, etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2003#96197 Report
The layer needs to be fixed aligned to the left. Any other position and it'll move. Layers are the ones that allows you to hide and show content. So tables won't help if you intend to scroll dynamically. Another option you may want to consider is Iframes.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum