TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

java image preloader

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 3rd 2003#93805 Report
I downloaded a image preloader from dynamic drive but it doesn't seem to actually preload the images. In the *.js file, it asked me to list my images. Do I put the full URL or just the /images/blah.gif? Is this preloader just a fake and for "looks only"?
also, how to I make the preloading images site redirect the user to the next index? (inex2.html)

-Preloader progressbar loads completely
-I type in the next index in my browser
-Images take a long time to download, did the preloader not work?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2003#93810 Report
"Is this preloader just a fake and for "looks only"? " i doubt its a fake... you prolly just have to know how it works to troubleshoot it
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2003#93829 Report
Also if you have a link to the file then someone who knows javascript can see it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2003#93830 Report
it works man. i had it on one of my old sites. since i only used it to preload the images on the layout, and all my images were in the main directory, all i had to do when i listed the images was put 'imagename.jpg' , 'imagename.jpg' , etc. etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2003#93870 Report
so if your iamges are located at /images/blah.jpg then put that instead of the whole url. If you use a non subdomain like www.host.com/yourname then put images/blah.jpg instead of /images/blah.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum