TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

allingning site in center

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 27th 2003#92918 Report
After searching the forums, I only found one good thread that lead to a site that explained it. But to do that, you need to set tables (I think, but I am a html noob so I could be wrong). Is there a command that you can put in so that it will move the selected thing (image, text) a certain number of pixels? Where would I put this command? (body, head, etc.) Or even better, can I just put a different command that will move EVERYTHING on my site a selected amount of pixels?
Thanks for the help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2003#92920 Report
Your title question and the question you are asking seem like two different subjects.

To align in the center:

old method:
< center > Your stuff you want centered < / center >

new method:

< div align = "center" > ditto < / div >

and remember the spaces aren't needed - its just so the text appears on this thread.

This would be in the body of the html page.

As far as moving things a certain number of pixels - you can use layer styles - and absolute positioning to do that. I am not 100% sure you will get the results you want in all common browsers. Someone else would probably know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2003#92922 Report
to move layers you would use:
[PHP]
CONTENT

[/PHP]

That's IE / opera / safari etc etc only, I think. Netscape could be bitchy, as it (at least used to) uses the <layer> tag and different CSS... I'm not sure about this either. Ask deker and Hunkorama. They're the masters of crossbrowser compability. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2003#92958 Report
Well I still don't understand. Is there anyone who is willing to help me even if it will take a lot of PMs and probably the frustration?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2003#92960 Report
I think you probably need to learn the basics of HTML, from the beginning. Check out www.webmonkey.com and www.htmlgoodies.com for some beginners tutorials. HTML is quite easy to learn, and you will quickly answer your own questions after a couple of hours of studying.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum