TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help Im So Lost : (((

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91956 Report
Hey i what to lern have to apply some php/sql scripts. Ther is no problem whit the php scripts that are only coded in php, cas thay have info on how to do everyting and its only to upload them.
But then i tried to install a news thing or someting like that.
Its php but requaieds that i create a tabel in phpMyadmin.

My question is do i have to install the phpMyadmin, cas that sames kaind of hard : ( , and whats this

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/Administration/page1.html

Is ther some other ways i can di this or someting cas im relly lost : ((

Whats a tabel and what should i do : (

Please guys help me out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91958 Report
What are u trying do my sql is not a script it’s a database u use php to access it phpmyadmin is to admin ur database.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91961 Report
The link to the tutorial you posted shows you how to create databases and tables in MySQL, which is the database program. PHPMyAdmin is a visual way to interact with MySQL so that you don't have to type in all of the commands on a command line, which is really slow and difficult.

If you installed that PHPTriad thing, then you will have PHPMyAdmin installed already. Just go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin and it should come up. Only if you installed PHPTriad though. If you are running the scripts on your server, you may or may not have it installed.

The PHP script you are trying to install should give you instructions on how to setup the database and tables you need. Just follow those instructions.

You could also find a news script that uses "flat files" which are just txt files that are used to store the information. They are much easier to setup, but are much slower than databases.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum