TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

please help me out

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 26th 2001#653 Report
I was wondering if the team, or anyone could help me out with this. i want to know how its possible to maybe convert a Cell Into Frame using Front Page...i have a website, and want the main cell (where all my text and information will go) to have its own HTML, and be its own frame. i want my users to be able to scroll down and view all the contents of my site, but still staying in the same place. sort of how pank did for the front page of teamphotoshop.com how you can scroll down for the news, i know that is just a java script, but i want my users to be able to do that. but instead of a script that scrolls down, i want it to be it's own frame

here: www.xipnet.com/crew

where it says "text goes here news, thumbnails, whatever" i want it to be it's own frame, so users can scroll down in that little grey box, and dont have to scroll down to the far right

anyways, thank in advance for your help.

-Brandon

Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2001#665 Report
Check out that thread. it gives an explanation of what it is and how he did it.

***Warning***The site linked in that thread is for DreamWeaver, but the DHTML produced could be used in frontpage.

http://teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2001#707 Report
you are talking about an IFRAME

<IFRAME SRC="initial/file/in/frame.html" height="xxx" width="xxx" framespacing=0 border=0 frameborder=0 name="name_of_frame"></IFRAME>

here's the code, enjoy!

-GoGeTa
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 29th 2001#735 Report
ok thanks a lot man, that code worked great, but now im wondering if theres a way that when a user clicks on a link (that isnt in the IFrame) if it can link so that only the IFrame re-loads, because on the site im using it on, there are a lot of images..and if a user is on 56k it will literally take them 45 minutes to browse through out our site, so i am asking if theres a way that only the IFrame will re-load when a user clicks a link

www.xipnet.com/crew
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 29th 2001#736 Report
of course... in the IFRAME code, you gave a name to yer IFRAME... name="whatever"

when you want the new content to load in that IFRAME, simeply use target="name_op_the_IFRAME"

enjoy!

-GoGeTa
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 29th 2001#740 Report
im not quite sure, i dont really understand you, i am asking how cna i amke it so every time a link is clicked the whole entire page doesnt re-load, how can i make it so only the IFrame will load, and there will be different content in that IFrame.

should i put in the hyperlink "target=name of IFrame URL" in stead of "www.xipnet.com/crew/portfolio" ?casue if i put www.xipnet.com/crew/portfolio, then it will re-load the whole entire index, images and all, i want to make it so just the IFrame re-loads...i am confused, if you dont feel like helping its coo, you've already helped more than enough

in simple terms i want to get from this : www.xipnet.com/crew
to this:
www.xipnet.com/crew/portfolio
but without having to have the page load twice, i only want the IFrame to load twice
(u have to look at the links to understand)
-brandon
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 29th 2001#748 Report
No problem my friend, i always like when ppl help me out when i have a problem, so the least i can do is help out others when i can

Ok, i'll try to make this clear...

this is an example:

<IFRAME SRC="home.html" height="500" width="500" framespacing=0 border=0 frameborder=0 name="main"></IFRAME>

//notice that the name of the IFRAME above is main
//so you have a link on your page and you want it to load in that IFRAME

<a href="misc/tutorials.html" target="main">Tutorials</a>

//your page tutorials.html will now load inside the IFRAME when you click on the link

hope i was clearer this time lol

Cheers!

-GoGeTa
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum