TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hide what it says in bottom title bar?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87491 Report
Hi, i need to hide what it says in the bottom left bar at the left when i click a link, but its not a normal link its a new window style one.

this is the code im using:

Currently it says:

javascript:n_window('pathto/file/index.html');

This is no good, it also shows this if i right click it, i dont want people to know where the file is stored, does anyone know what i can do? is there anything i could add in my code to hide it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87493 Report
Would it really matter?...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87496 Report
damn code hasnt appeared, yes it matters alot, if people know the directory they will be able to download the product then as its a demo

i cant seem to get the code up properly, ive pasted into notepage too, so its plain format, wont work in code, or anything, forum seems busted.

here it is just about but ive removed the start symbols cos it wont come up on here

function n_window(theurl)
{
// set width and height
var the_width=750;
var the_height=500;
// set window position
var from_top=0;
var from_left=0;
// set other attributes
var has_toolbar='no';
var has_location='no';
var has_directories='no';
var has_status='no';
var has_menubar='no';
var has_scrollbars='yes';
var is_resizable='yes';
// atrributes put together
var the_atts='width='+the_width+',height='+the_height+',top='+from_top+',screenY='+from_top+',left='+from_left+',screenX='+from_left;
the_atts+=',toolbar='+has_toolbar+',location='+has_location+',directories='+has_directories+',status='+has_status;
the_atts+=',menubar='+has_menubar+',scrollbars='+has_scrollbars+',resizable='+is_resizable;
// open the window
window.open(theurl,'',the_atts);
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87509 Report
Hmm... any one with a little web experience can snoof the HTML for the location. You should consider using something server-side if it really matters.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91931 Report
php can do that i think
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91932 Report
Just make sure people can't get in that directory.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2003#93173 Report
yeah chomd that directory so that no one can view it or just make a index.html page blank and stick it i nthe directory if that is what you are talking about.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2003#93180 Report
Lol - That would work wouldnt it? I never would have thought of that....
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2003#93239 Report
i use to do it when i had a directory full of good stuff but only wanted links to certain ones so that no one else would steal anything i had.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2003#93482 Report
you also have to think about the fact that is someone see's and image or text or a java applet etc. their own computer has a cache of that occuence and they can archive that... if you don't want people to "take" iot i wouldn't even let them see/load it.... think about recoding it (a copy) to be like "unregistered" or something that has disabled some functions...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum