TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

css sheet working in preview not in normal browser?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 13th 2003#85712 Report
strangest thing has been happening, basically i though id finally use css sheets all i want to do is the hover and link colours, but anywho i been testing it out by simply trying to change the colour of text, i have followed EXACTLY what it says in the dreamweaver help guide and it seems to all work, the text goes a different colour in dreamweaver, however if i open up internet explorer and see if its worked the text hasnt changed, yet if i go into dreamweaver and click preview in internet explorer, guess what, it works and the text is there? i dont understand whats going on at all.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/turder.css" type="text/css">
</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" class="unnamed1">
turd
</body>

//thats the page above

.unnamed1 { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; color: #00FFFF; text-decoration: blink; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-variant: normal; text-transform: capitalize; background-color: #00FFFF}

//and thats the css file

Anyone know why it doesnt work? its so strange that it works when u use the preview in internet ex, im using dr 4 and inx 6 i think or 5

*i think i may of found it, its if i save the file as relative to site root not document, shame it doesnt say this in the help manual, damn themĀ¬! :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2003#85731 Report
Umm, the site coding doesn't show up but oh well. If you're calling the CSS file within the HTML file, you'd need to have the href or src (forgot which one) point to the exact path where the CSS file is stored on your web server.

Lets say for example your HTML file is in directory ROOT, and the CSS file is in the directory COW within the folder ROOT. Whatever tag you're using to call the CSS file, you'd need to point it to COW/CSSFILETHING.CSS.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2003#85814 Report
ah right but well i knew that, but its defintely for me anyway if i save the css file as relative to site root it doesnt work, i dont know why, this is saving via dreamweaver, this is the code im using now and all works well as far as i can tell

blah

Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2003#89300 Report
save the css file seperate to the page.
and put in the following tag......

I think that should work...I can't remember off the top of my head :S
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2003#91928 Report
i think you are searching for this.... @import "name_of_css_file_here.css";
inbetween you style tags
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top