TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

stopping text getting larger using view>text size

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 13th 2003#85693 Report
Anyone know how to keep the font the same size and not be able to be resized in the browser as it messes with my layout if people set the text to largest, i noticed on many sites adjusting it in internet explorer has no effect on the site, how is this done?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2003#85694 Report
Ideally you would want to make your layout work even when people do that, because you are supposed to be making a site that other people will want to look at, not just a site to look good on your own computer. If someone likes bigger text, you shouldn't limit their choices.

But since you obviously don't care about that, you just use CSS and set the text size to like 11px or whatever size you want. You can still resize it in any other browser besides IE though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2003#85696 Report
well no i want it to work for everyone but if i put a background image on a cell then some text in that cell if you enlarge it the image in the cell isnt correct anymore, say if it has a top and bottom line it goes wrong, thats the only reason, i cant see a way around it at the moment
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2003#85741 Report
Use an image for the text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2003#85752 Report
No no no, even worse than setting exact pixel sizes! Never use pictures for text unless it is absolutely necessary.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2003#85815 Report
so what your saying dekker is dont use images for text, dont use images for background of cells and dont force text sizes, kinda limits what you can do unless you just accept the site will mess up on large fonts, as most sites do anyway, even these boards do, i own some of these myself, if you put it on large, youll notice the images on this page go repeated etc. I guess theres no way around it, ive always used text people can enlarge at there will actually.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2003#85817 Report
Well if someone wants to enlarge their text, they will have to deal with the fact that it will make the site less pretty. But if means the difference between them being able to read what is on your site or not, I think it is important to give them the option, even if it does make your site look bad.

You can use background pictures for you cells... I would just do it with CSS so you would have more control over whether it tiled or not, its position, etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2003#85868 Report
ah so you can control images better using css in cells can you, sounds good, ill have to investigate that
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum