TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

help - off-kilter nested iframe - how to fix?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 4th 2003#84425 Report
Please take a look at this site:

Faux Kreations Test

The content in the right box I'm going to make some changes to. The only active portion at the moment is portfolio. In that section, click on a thumbnail to see the samples. You'll notice that there's a little sliver of white space where the iframe changes, it doesn't sit exactly in place like I need it to.

Anyone take a look at my code and give me a clue? What i've got is two iframes nested in a table, and the iframe on the right contains a page with another table. This is my first time using iframes, and while relatively simple, I'm still not very good with coding. Also, if you happen to know, is it possible to have one link (on the navigation) change both iframes at the same time?

Any other suggestions or comments are welcome as well.

Thanks!

cablemotion
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 4th 2003#84439 Report
Well, it seems that you have got the background in slices...why?
You could just make it the background of the body, that and make it fixed, so that it wouldn't scroll with the page.

The reason for the whitespace at the top is the spacers that imageready puts there, and because the whole background is in the table, not the body.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 4th 2003#84503 Report
when you say background, you are referring to the sample pages in the right iframe, right? I have it in slices because I have at least 3 cells which need to be hyperlinked. The sample pic itself, which pops up with a bigger image, and the back and next arrows. I've got the first page on Layered Tissue set to no scroll, but the spacer still throws it off. But if I take out the spacer then the whole table is screwed up. How can I get rid of those freaking spacers?

Thanks,

cablemotion
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 5th 2003#84531 Report
Don't, just save the background by itself and specify the background-image for the iframe as that. Should work fine.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 5th 2003#84543 Report
I don't think I'm quite understanding what you're suggesting. My problem is that I need to use the table, not that I need the background integrated into the page. I can do that if I want, but I still need the table layout so that I can arrange the content appropriately and create links for certain graphical objects. Are spacers necessary for the type of table arrangement I want to use?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 5th 2003#84559 Report
What we're saying is that you CAN have the table there, of course, just without the images you know? It's transparent of course, if there aren't any images in the cells.
Just put the whole unsliced background as background in the BODY.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2003#84641 Report
Won't it still require that I use a spacer then? And since I have to have a few of the images IN the actual table itself, won't that look screwed up when they're all 1 pixel down from the background?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum