TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Alternate splashes

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 29th 2002#83648 Report
I would like to know how do some sites have different splash images everytime you visit the site? Just like how teamphotoshop.com has different splashes everytime you visit? If somebody could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm using dreamweaver
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2002#83651 Report
http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7478&highlight=random+splash

Lookout for the code in PHP I posted. The server you have your website at needs to have PHP enabled.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2003#86107 Report
you can get simple javascript files to rotate images if you don't have a server with php.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 17th 2003#86266 Report
Or you could use javascript to display an entirely new html page using the built in random function.

<SCRIPT>
var num_pages = 3;
var num = Math.round(Math.random() * num_pages);
document.location="index"+num+".html";
</SCRIPT>

where num_pages is the amount of different splash pages you have.
It will pull a random number between 0 and num_pages and then redirect the screen to an index.html page accordingly.
*Note that you will need to name your other splash pages index0.html or index1.html etc... (Don't forget the 0. Again, this particular script pulls a number including and between 0 and num_pages).

If you want to name your splash pages something different, adjust the document.location accordingly in the javascript, but make sure you keep them numbered.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2003#119358 Report
oO... s.e.x

been looking for this lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2003#123527 Report
um...
if you go to
www.irishrolling.com

it should be in the source code

or....

www.lazyrollers.com