TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Iframes and links

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 18th 2002#82762 Report
I have my site set up where I have three actual pages with the content inside an iframe (i have about 6 or so content pages). I have one page that loads all my news, services, clients, etc. pages into an iframe, a page that loads all my tutorial pages into an iframe and a page that loads all my downloads pages into an iframe and all the pages have the same nav system. What I want to know is, when I am on my downloads or tutorials page how can I make the button (for example the Services button) on the nav system link back to the main page with the services page loaded in the iframe. Is this possible? Or do I need to redesign my layout? My site is here. Any help is appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2002#82763 Report
er....
why do you reload the mainpage for every click, if you have the content that needs to be changed inside an iframe?
That's the whole point with frames...NOT having to load everything else all over again... o_O

Then again...it's 99% probable I misunderstood your question and the point in this whole thing.. *whistles and walks away in sweet ignorence* :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2002#82764 Report
...............and if you don't KNOW how to link TO and iframe.. this is how:

Name your frames. Example:
[PHP]

[/PHP]

Then, in your links use:
[PHP]
Hikhik
[/PHP]

*doesn't even whistle anymore, just letting the saliva flow like a mofo*
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2002#82767 Report
Haha!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2002#82778 Report
why do you reload the mainpage for every click, if you have the content that needs to be changed inside an iframe?

I don't reload the main page. Like I said, the main page loads all the content for the services, clients, etc. in an iframe (the reason I'm using iframes is, like you said, so I don't have to reload the main page every time). But the problem is, the tutorials and downloads main pages are different from the other one. I want to know how to make the, for example, services page link back to the main page but with the services content loaded in the iframe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2002#82885 Report
You could always use PHP to do what you want and pass the page you want loaded into an IFRAME via a query string then echo the value of the query string to the IFRAME tag. Or you could always ask Paavo.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2002#82894 Report
Thanks for the reply Hunkorama, but I can't use PHP. The banner ad script I am running uses SSI.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum