TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Where What How?????

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 7th 2002#81411 Report
I need help,,

I am trying to make a Forum Like ronronmx.com

What I need is Files, Images, and a Layout of the Forums I can edit...

Is there software to downlaod..

Or what Help me out.....:D :confused: :rolleyes: ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2002#81412 Report
A forum I have installed before is www.phpBB.com
You'll need to make sure your hosting company can provide php4 and some kind of database, like mySQL....
Installation is all laid out with the file pack you download, plus some help from the support forums on that site....
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2002#81443 Report
Thanks for that Link,,

I still dont know how I downloaded it, and Read everything.

I still cant figure out I need to do to make A Forum..

Can you help me out just a little MORE :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2002#81453 Report
You will need to talk to your hosting company about setting up a database, and make sure you can use php4 with it.

When you upload the forum as it is.... There will be an install file or something like that. It will give you an interface where you will be asked a bunch of information, like database name, url, passwords, etc.... and when all is good it will be set up....

But first get a database set up from you host, which means contacting tech support, more than likely.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2002#82942 Report
argh i hate helping total newbies LOL. there are plenty of sites out there for help just search www.google.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2002#82956 Report
Also if you plan on installing a forum, the site where they develope and you can get it will have plenty of support. phpBB has lots of help on their site for anyone of any level trying to install their forums. It is pretty straight ahead. Not any harder than uploading a web site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum