TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Easy editable content for client?

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 18th 2002#78806 Report
I'm setting up a few sites for people, and what I'm looking to do is install a script to allow them to edit the content themselves. I don't want a large, complicated content management system, just something that looks nice and has the basic "Create New Page," "Edit Page," with WYSIWYG options. I just want to plug in the template file(s) and say "Here you go. Have fun!" It's gotta be simple enough so that people who don't use computers can understand it. I'd prefer PHP, but perl is ok.

I've looked through a couple of the script archives, but everything I find wants to be a huge all-in-one script. I need something simple. Any ideas?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 18th 2002#78829 Report
I have something that I've been doing, just like that.
It's REALLY simple, and uses PHP with flat files.

You can add / delete buttons, and their contents. (They're kinda linked, so it's easy and fast)

It's also got a CSS editor, but that's maybe a bit silly..

Just scream "Paavo, yes this is what I'm looking for" if this is what you're looking for.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 18th 2002#78838 Report
WebEdit Professional - that is exactly what you are looking for. I use it for all my clients and it works wonderfully.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2002#79226 Report
First, Paavo, yes this is what I'm looking for!

WebEdit looks like it could fit the bill, but I have concerns about the inability for it to function with anything but IE on Windows. My main workstations are OSX, so that presents a problem. I'm going to look a little bit more into it.

It's always nice to have options.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2002#79229 Report
well, lol, mine's (of course) an extremely basic structure, for basic adding and deleting of items..
You can take a look at it here ->
http://www.astudios.org/automatic/index.php

(scroll down after clicking on the 'admin' link)
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2002#79233 Report
Yeah if you are using a Mac or your clients are using a Mac, it probably won't be a good solution. (The webeditpro i mean) It's actually using IE as an HTML editor. The PHP script just saves what IE does to the server...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum