TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Image Border

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73789 Report
Hi all, first of I want to thank all of you who help me with every question, thats the reason why I always post my questions here, because there are very helping and skillful graphic artists.

Thx all.

So my question this time is, how I can add image borders around tabels or layer, or whatever it is.

Like this page: Link

Thx all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73792 Report
If your site uses tables with a set width like the site you gave a link to, you could just make a background image that stretches across the whole table and tiles vertically. The only problem with that is that would create a huge image that would take a really long time to download and tile.

It would be better to make a separate image for the left and right border of the table. Especially when you have a solid color in the middle of your table like the site you linked to.

When I do table borders like that, I make a table with 3 columns. In the left column, set the background image to be the image you made for your left edge... and for the right column, use the image you made for your right edge. You have to make sure they will look ok tiled though, so make it a solid line, or something messy that will look ok when it is tiled.

Also, make the column the same width as the back ground image, because you won't want the image to tile horizontally. In CSS, you can make the background image only tile vertically, which is a much better way to do it.

Also, make sure you put a non-breaking space in the two side columns, because netscape will not display those columns at all if there is nothing inside of them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73794 Report
Ahha, here I found some css examples:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_border-style

so everyone else can find it!

In :

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_examples.asp

you have css tutorials and examples of everything.

Thx for the help deker., You were right, css is the better way
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73816 Report
Okey, almost done with the homepage update. But I have tried so many ways for this one, hope someone can help me.:

Okey here we go: I want image in a table to be leftMargin=0 topMargin=0 .

I made this in my header and it worked perfect. And I now have a table in a layer and tried to do this, but it did´t work.

heres the code.:

This is typed much before the table in the layer, so I tried to move it, but did´t work. I tried to copy it, did´t work.

Whats next?

Anyone who can help me?

Thx all.

I LOVE YOU TEAMPHOTOSHOP =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73817 Report

thres the code, I wanted to move and. This did´t work...
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73818 Report
[CODE][/CODE]

Sorry for kind od spaming..heh
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73819 Report
Why won´t is show up, I try this insted.:
Maybe this time it will show up.

body marginleft="0" marginheight="0" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" onLoad="MM_timelinePlay('Timeline1')"
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73837 Report
the marginleft and marginheight you are using refer to the entire page, not just the tables. It will eliminate the white space around the edges of your web site in the browser.

To have no spacing around your tables, just put cellpadding="0" and cellspacing="0" in your table tag.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2002#73852 Report
deker, Your the man , really, this really helped me out. I made it.. hahah, Thx man. I will show my page to you , when it´s done.

Thx m8.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum