TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Mysql/php _list_tables question

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 14th 2002#69183 Report
I would like to extract just one table from the database. Here is the code I am using. Works but it pulls out every single table I have. Is there a way to just pull out one specified table?

[php]
function ddtables ($dbname){
if (!empty($dbname)) {
$result = mysql_list_tables($dbname);
$i = 0;
echo "\nTables: ";
}
}
[/php]
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2002#69253 Report
Let me get this straight: You want to create a drop down list of all the tables in your mySQL database? If so, that code will work. I'm a little confused.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2002#69317 Report
No, it's a drop down right now with all of them. What I would like is just "one" specified table to show up in the drop down...

Yes, everything does work right now. I just want to change it to limit access to only one table. Right now all 25 or so show up and I only need to view one in the drop down.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2002#69326 Report
Well, the easiest way would be to put an if statement inside the while loop. If $tb_names[$i] equals the name of the table you want to show, echo it; otherwise, add 1 to $i and go through the loop again. To save processing time after the table name has been echoed, put a break; inside the if statement. HTH!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2002#69328 Report
I'll try it out. Thanks.

I thought there may be an actual Mysql command I was missing to display just one table like the list_tables function.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2002#69574 Report
Nope, don't think any function like that exists. The best way though is to loop up list_tables() in the PHP function reference at http://www.php.net and look for similar functions that it suggests in the left column. Very helpful at times.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum