TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Layout Templates For InDesign and Illustrator?

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 12th 2004#160021 Report
Does anyone know of any great sites out there that have nice Indesign CS and Illustrator layout templates? I've done countless searches and they're definetly not easy to find. Any help would really be appriciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 12th 2004#160022 Report
templates for what? AdobeExchange has a few... not great - but free...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160023 Report
Nah adobe exchange has real awful templates. I'm looking for brochures with all different kinds of folds that sort of thing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160033 Report
I'm not sure but I seem to remember there were a few in the tutorials on the CD - for Indesign...
but there's so many things that usually need to be changed that it doesn't pay to use a template... I recently made a wall calendar and I got this template... and I had to re-make everything.... templates are only good for really simple stuff... if your brochure is a little out of the standard.... you still got to do it all over again...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160041 Report
Well I’m not looking for something with boxes that say “insert picture and text here.” I was more interested in if there was a site that provided some nice documents with the bleeds, gutters, and all that already in the document. I totally agree it doesn’t pay to use a template for a calendar for example. But if I’m doing a brochure and I’m trying to decide if I’m going to do a tri fold, a gate fold, exedra, there’s only so many ways I can set the document up so that the paper will fold properly.

I suppose I’ll just end up making my own like I have been. I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask if there was a nice recourse out there someone knew of though. ;)

edit: I'll have to check my idesign cd out. I have a feeling most of what you're talking about comes with the indesign/pagemaker edition though. Thanks for taking the time to help me out Mihai.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160043 Report
You might contact the print house you are going to use. They usually have templates they use...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160044 Report
yah thats a good idea too. I know PS Print has some good templates.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum