TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Yet another sig critique thread. Whee!

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 6th 2001#17952 Report
What do y'all think of my sig? I feel I need some praise and punishment right now. Posted for a while with it already, but never came in here to see any opinions on it.

Before I even recieve any comments, if I get any that is, I think I intend on making the sig a bit smaller at some point, when I stop being so lazy. ;)

BTW. For those inclined to ask, the weird "spires" or whatever they are, are actually Times New Roman numerals that have had the liquify effect thrown at them, beveled, layer duplicated, chromed, color inverted, screen blended, & an additional colorized bevel & emboss added for more effect. Not too hard to duplicate if you are so inclined.

(Oh, and the "spire" in front is a portion of Times New Roman number 5, the one blurred behind it is either a 1 or a 2. Heh)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18053 Report
Lol, you've been using that for ages now! I remember thinking to myself "how the heck did he do those shoes?" I thought they were freaky 3d shoes you did in a 3d program. Hey, how do you like my sig???? I got my copy of C4D this week :D I'm very happy. I haven't a clue how to use it though. All i did in my sig was reflect a simple image of a tube against a mirror, slick and easy! I'll have to take it off since it's not a photoshop work of art. I'll stick my old one up. Or i'll try an put this which i posted earlier, into one. I think it's way to big tho :( Anyways, great work, i can't believe you didn't do that in a 3D program. Good work!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18070 Report
Lol, you've been using that for ages now! I remember thinking to myself "how the heck did he do those shoes?" I thought they were freaky 3d shoes you did in a 3d program.

Heh heh. I know just about nothing in 3D progs. All I've managed to do is extrude/lathe paths I've created in Photoshop in 3D Studio Max. Experimentation in Photoshop is all I do to make 3D stuff. Layer styles in Photoshop 6 made all that experimentation SO much easier and faster too.

Hey, how do you like my sig???? I got my copy of C4D this week I'm very happy. I haven't a clue how to use it though. All i did in my sig was reflect a simple image of a tube against a mirror, slick and easy! I'll have to take it off since it's not a photoshop work of art. I'll stick my old one up. Or i'll try an put this which i posted earlier, into one. I think it's way to big tho Anyways, great work, i can't believe you didn't do that in a 3D program. Good work!

The sig is very nice... Clean with a very convincing 3D effect from that prog. I can tell at least some Photoshop was used to create the final sig piece, but it has very little Photoshop elements in it otherwise. I don't think it needs to be changed, but maybe add in a few more layers with some cool effects on them to show off more Photoshop usage.

And thanks for the positive comments.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18074 Report
MrB, I think your sig is cool, it incorporates TONS of photoshop knowhow, Lighting, bevels opacity changes, implied depth, Animation, transparency.....

Gahhh....
I better take another pill. ;)

Cybling..

Take MrB's advice.... don't trash that sig.... build on it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18075 Report
MrB, I think your sig is cool, it incorporates TONS of photoshop knowhow, Lighting, bevels opacity changes, implied depth, Animation, transparency.....

Yup. Exactly why I did the sig like that. Wanted to show a bit of everything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18104 Report
My sig sux! Really, that's the first image i've done in C4D!! There is absolutely no work done in Photoshop at all, except for resizing. All of it is C4D. I'm workin on freaky 3D tentacles at the mo (as if you haven't seen enough of em!) Thank anyway, just getting to grips with the program. I'll soon encorporate some photoshop with it to create a really cool pic/sig. Time, give me time

:D :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum