TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

**new member :: check my stuff **

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17815 Report
What's up everyone,

I'm new to this board. Found it while looking for some tutorials for my girlfriend so she can learn.

I've been designing for 6 years, started as a hobby - led to a bad ass job at the age of 17.

Now I do my own thing while I attend school in austin|tx.

I run www.austininfinity.com :: mostly designed to attract professionalism.

I decided to pick up designing as a hobby again (starting yesterday) instead of all this corporate work b/c doing logos and what not will burn you out fast. Warning to those interested!!

I thought I lost it all but it seems as if I gained alot while I was away in corporate world. It's very nice designing without a client telling you to move a picture, change a font, or color and void all rules of design. A good client is like finding a needle in a hay stack! *Note: To those that source graphic work:: Why did you source us if you are going to tell us how to do our job? I don't tell you how to run your company!!!!! :mad:

Let me know what you guys think. Drop me a line (aim: vision9studio) if you'd like but be patient if I have an attitude, school is a stress ball!

I'm posting my designs I'm CURRENTLY working on. They are not finished but enough to show.

** free|form design :: works in progress **
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://www.austininfinity.com/colab.jpg
http://www.austininfinity.com/files/digital.jpg

Best Regards,

Colin Anawaty

** I'll do some colaborations for NON-PROFIT if anyone wants to. Contact me first.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17823 Report
you need to run spell checker on you site. in the client list, strategies is misspelled. good looking work, welcome to the forum....

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17824 Report
Welcome to the forum!

We're always happy to welcome new members.

Your wallpapers are pretty good. I enjoy the second one more than the first.

I think you should have your girlfriend post some of her work as well. And we will all help her learn. There aren't very many females in the forum at the moment... wonder why.... hm.

I liked your web site quite well. It's easy to navigate, visually appealing, etc. Nice colors. I did however find it irritating that you highlighted some words. I realize this is to add emphasis, but they also look like links. And I like to click on links. Then when I try to click on a link and don't see my hand cursor, I feel like you've just lied to me. Then I stop putting my mouse over the highlighted words, for fear that I will be deceived again. I later realize that orange words with underlines are links, and orange words without are not. But this still bothers me that it was so complex, and I had to think quite a bit to decide which thing I could click on, and which I couldn't. After so much thinking, I really didn't feel like fishing out my wallet to send you money to build my web site... I was just so confused... So lost... I decided to just sit quietly in my executive desk chair and weep instead of write you a check... At least that's how I envisioned a potential client browsing your site.

The work you've done for your clients is significantly less interesting. I of course realize how clients can be, and the way they think they are the designer. But I still think you could have made your corporate design a little more interesting.

Also, I think you should consider yourself lucky to be doing design work for a living. Even if it is for the corporate world. I was once designing for the corporate world. I enjoyed it for the most part, but had similar problems as yours. But now I don't design for a living at all (full time anyway) and I miss it very very much. What will reallyburn you out is doing mindless paperwork at a huge corporation instead of designing.

But anyway... I'm just a bitter old man that wishes he could still be designing for a living...

Overall I like your work, and I hope you decide to stick around the forum for a while!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17827 Report
Wow!

Thanks a million deker. I was design austininfinity.com during the first few weeks of school. Marketed the hell out of it, then two days later the horrible Nibma virus wrecks SiteTurn.com and my site is completely down for over a week. They finally get most of the server working but ASP is out (my site is entirely ASP) which extends my outage even longer.

I missed the spidering activity and I've been drowned in homework and haven't had much time to complete the site. This site was running flawless until the virus struck. Now some of my ASP pages won't load, receiving an HTTP 500 error. School work will be slowing next week so I'll finish it up and revamp the logo (which was just a filler and hasn't been completed) and the main image on the front page (speedometer).

Your advice has been taken on a professional manner and I appreciate everything you said. I'll be changing the links to the matching green.

I once read an emarket letter about coloring emphasis to sell your product and just reading the letter wanted me to buy their marketing product. So, I applied what they did and waiting to see the results once my site activity increases. Your opinion has been documented but I think I want to keep the orange text.

My first company, offering primarily logo services (vision9.com), started strong and ended weak. I did well over 50 logos in a few months, myself alone. Clients were nagging and homework was an overload. I spit my work on the table w/ little time. I'm taking a different attitude this year, renamed the company since I moved to austin, completely refaced the website, and added new client-communication solutions to ease net/net activity.

Learn and move on.... well see what happens this year. Until the company gets moving forward, I'm enjoying the off time desinging as a hobby.

As for the images, we'll see what comes out on them tonight. They are works in progress.

Have a good evening fellas.

Best Regards,

Colin Anawaty : www.austininfinity.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17830 Report
One more thing. I don't want to sound like an ass but I've been through this crap twice and don't want to deal with it.

So, to sum it all up:

1) All my work is copyright 2001 austin|INFINITY &
vision|9 studio.

2) Please do NOT use my work without
written consent.

3) I've won every case when someone has taken my
stuff.

Ok, now for the nice guy stuff. Honestly, anyone is welcome to use my stuff (if you really even want to) WITH my approval as long as it's for non-profit. If you are starting a small business, most likely, I'll hook ya up for free if you need to work it in with a design you want to sell. If you are a large firm, you're screwed. ;)

Have a good evening.

Best Regards,

Colin Anawaty
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17834 Report
austinINFINITY welcome to teamphotoshop and I really like your wallpapers. Keep up the good work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17838 Report
Your site is prety phat. nice and simple but also mean as the same time. Great stuff dude.
Ohh yeah and welcome to the board.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2001#17841 Report
Thanks PS6User..

Speaking of PS6, oh how I wish they released a patch to coform the PS 6 to the old 5.5 hot keys!!!!

I've been stuck on 5.5 and just switched figuring I might as well sometime since the rest of the PS series will be like it from here on out!

Happen to run into luck tonight. Had a case of chronic insomnia designer syndrome and ended up meeting Scott of static5.com at his workplace here in austin, Flameboyant : www.flameboyant.com - they are a young company but filled with young bright heads. Hopefully, a part time job while I'm at school will come out of this. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Regards,

Colin Anawaty
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2001#17883 Report
Welcome to the group Austin....

I really like your whole site and the majority of the artwork on it. I didn't get lost or decieved by the colored text.... I even kinda liked it.

I like the overall color scheme as well.... gray, orange and greens seem to be the "IN" colors right now. At least it seems that way to me.

Keep up the good work... and I look foward to seeing you around this forum.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum