TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

vwgolf pic.

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 18th 2001#16557 Report
well, I've been bored lately, and haven't been doing much in photoshop.

so here is my most recent pic.

http://sleepydude.homestead.com/files/vwgolf.jpg (44k)

let me know what you all think please.

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 18th 2001#16561 Report
I like it. But I am so anal about small details I shal now voice my opinions on the things that annoy me:

1. At the left I don't like how the "vw golf" bar cuts off the front edge of the car.

2. The little lines under the wheels of the car at the top right look... Well... I think you get it.

3. The bottom car (the blue one) looks as if it is on an uphill slope. Maybe you should rotate it or change the perspective a bit.

Small details... Otherwise it looks sweet. I like the golf. (although the new jetta is much nicer) I'd say it'd be fit for an ad with a few tweaks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2001#16573 Report
1. goto... http://www.vw.com/golf/index.html thats why the front of the car is cut off.

2. no, I don't get it.. they look off, but I thought it looked better than having the car floating off in space. Do you have any suggestions?

3. see number one.

Thanks for the comments though, I will work on the lines, see if I can fix/improve on them..

keep them comments flowing.

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2001#16576 Report
One thing....

Why in God's great name did you pick that car to do a...I don't know the word...tribute?...of?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2001#16578 Report
heheh..

well, its cool (imo) and its even cooler for whats under the hood.. a diesel engine that gets 40-45 mpg though its only 90 horsepower.

no other comment? just gonna insult the car and run? boy oh boy.. what is this world coming too.. :rolleyes:

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2001#16593 Report
OK, one thing:

Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 19th 2001#16601 Report
I think the image is nice. It's soft... gentle... ca... ahhh, who gives a crap... Here's what I think should stay, and what I think should be changed (I'll stick along the same guidlines as adam. (God, it bugs the crap out of me when people can't capitalize their letters. Sorry, but that's one of the things that annoys ME).

As far as the cat being cut off, I already knew why it was cut off... (having seen the picture before), so I'll just drop that topic. The second thing. I'm not thinking adam was saying they were off.. I'm thinking he was thinking they were gay (not gay in a homosexual way, but in a "stupid" way). What I would do instead of the lines, is make a faded "road" along the line of the cars... so they actually look like they are in a linear line (of course, it would be an angled line, and I'd prefer one that ISN'T from point a to point b, but slightly curved in some places, like a realy road).

Ok, other than that, the only things that bug me about the image (which I still think is nice, don't get me wrong) are the second instance of the top image. Look at the front passenger tire. I realize that the front (far left) instance of the car has the same flat spot, but you could probably fade it a bit in the middle (just fade the bottom of the tires of that instance, the furthers (far right) instance is fine as you can't see the flat spot as well).

Ok, enough ranting. Good job, Snore.

SavageDawg
Akuta-Graphics
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2001#16692 Report
hmm.. I will try that next time I am in ps.

Anyone else got any comments?

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 21st 2001#16758 Report
Snore....you're from Texas! Big OIL country! Show some state pride and fantasize about a GAS GUZZLER! Howabout 8 cylinders of fuel consuming horsepower?!?

I don't think you necessarily have to scrap the 'line' idea. I think part of the prob with them is that they are tight and crisp lines, while the image they're part of has a nice fluffy gaussian edge to it. Maybe just soften them! Otherwise, it's a nice tribute to .... fuel economy!

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum