TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Album Cover [wip]

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 29th 2007#178455 Report
So this is an early sketch for a friend's album cover. It's a prog concept album which tells a kickass sci-fi story which he's sworn me to secrecy about.

Anyway:

It's going to be a tri-fold insert, with text, track listings, etc on the back. Anyway, it's still a work in progress, but when he's got some tracks online, I'll let y'all know.

I don't know which third will be the front cover, but I think he's leaning toward the center segment.

It's all painted from scratch in photoshop. In retrospect, I probably should have referenced some of it.

Obviously, any critiques, feel free.

Bah, I just realized how shrunk down it got - I'll upload a higher res one later.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2007#178456 Report
Looks really moody... I like it.
Pretty hard to tell if it fits with the music, but I like what you are trying to do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2007#178458 Report
hi,
My 2 cents worth and that all it worth... lol...
it would really help to know what the theme is... sci fi ... it such a broad genre ... you have planets, fantasy, monsters etc........ so it hard to tell if the graphics fits the theme... plus also is it suposed be moody, or hopefull....

for science fiction fantasy i like a lot of boris vallejo work's you might want to look at some of his landscape for ideas... to incorporate...
also here some various examples for ideas to incorporate...

on this picture..mmm.. i don't know if it strange enough.... i am thinking here maybe a ring around that blue moon/planet ....
maybe a couple of stars...... something to catch the eye and make a person think!!

but again it goes back what the theme of the story and music... and the mood of the music....

Pganguly said:So this is an early sketch for a friend's album cover. It's a prog concept album which tells a kickass sci-fi story which he's sworn me to secrecy about.

Anyway:

It's going to be a tri-fold insert, with text, track listings, etc on the back. Anyway, it's still a work in progress, but when he's got some tracks online, I'll let y'all know.

I don't know which third will be the front cover, but I think he's leaning toward the center segment.

It's all painted from scratch in photoshop. In retrospect, I probably should have referenced some of it.

Obviously, any critiques, feel free.

Bah, I just realized how shrunk down it got - I'll upload a higher res one later.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2007#178677 Report
The colours are nice, plus the smokey effect. Still, its hard to say without knowing the music. Reminds me a bit of the Hoosiers new albumn designs, especially the ones inside.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum