TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

WIP: Book Cover [125K]

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 6th 2007#177826 Report
Okay, this one is still a work in progress. Feedback appreciated--I'm not satisfied with it yet.

Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2007#177827 Report
Wow ... Nice work ... What exactly are you not happy about with it... I am trying to find fault, but things like the face are fantastic.

Only things I could possibly suggest would be more detail where the tree becomes body so ... how can I say ... she looks more a part of the tree... rather than wearing a tree dress ... that is the only way I can find to word it ... sorry ... but no, I don't really mean it looks like she is wearing a tree dress.

And perhaps some more details in the leaves...

... But I think it's a great ... It must have taken you ages.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2007#177874 Report
YEs, I don't feel its perfect either...probably the gradient in the background...And how the shine isn't really perfect, And the trees are just flat-black. Add a bit of detail in there, man!! Nice clouds/sky BTW.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2007#177911 Report
Okay, updated and added some detail. Changed the sky also...

Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2007#177916 Report
Still didn't fix the trees, eh? :P

PRetty nice, more realistic and so is the skin, like the little detail/vines you added...now the background ism much better and so is the sky, but still waiting for detail to be put in the trees. Because if you're able to do ALL that, then I'm pretty sure you can add some detail to trees. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2007#177921 Report
Heh... I like the trees as a silouette, plus this is a book cover. If the background was too busy, I'd end up having to block an overlay over it to put the text on the back. I detailed the trees mucho more on the other cover with the apple--you'll have to be happy with that one!

Thanks for the feedback--your critique was spot on!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2007#177926 Report
I'm not feeling it with this one... the fairy/apple one was way better.
The colors don't help either, or is the tree lady living close to a nuclear reactor?

I think if you make the burst of light less obvious it will be better, it isn't very subtle. The big area with the black trees sort of attract my attention, but I guess that will be where the book title will be placed?
Show us with some wrap-up text, it'll be easier to judge...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2007#177929 Report
Just a rough mock-up of the cover text. Sure, busier artwork would make a more interesting painting--but I'm not sure it'd be a better cover.

Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2007#178675 Report
Maybe the leaves could be a bit darker? They look more daytime to me which doesn't really suit the background. Nice work though! Well done
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 22nd 2007#178843 Report
Wow ... Nice work
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum