TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Where I'm from, we call this a sketchdump.

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jul 9th 2007#177442 Report
Hope you don't mind, I have linked to this thread as a news article from our main site. It really is great work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2007#177449 Report
I knew there was a reason I liked hangin out with you guys. :P

Great work Pganguly!

Mara :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2007#177463 Report
Really good. They're great. I wish I could sketch/draw/use PS that well. :(

But they're really nice. Good job. I personally like the fifth from the bottom. It has great texture and realism.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2007#177570 Report
Thanks for all the kind replies - as always, this work is undoubtedly not beyond reproach, so if you see anything that deserves a critique, please don't hesitate to give one. No artist or designer should ever consider themselves as being done with learning.

Also, Rich, thanks a million for the plug on the frontpage - I'd love to see more traffic on this forum, and ideally a lot more work being shown in the showcase forum.

I've got some more to show this week - I'll try to get some of it scanned and online shortly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2007#177598 Report
Wow--even more!! I can't wait. they better be good. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2007#177607 Report
Pganguly said:Thanks for all the kind replies - as always, this work is undoubtedly not beyond reproach, so if you see anything that deserves a critique, please don't hesitate to give one. No artist or designer should ever consider themselves as being done with learning.

Also, Rich, thanks a million for the plug on the frontpage - I'd love to see more traffic on this forum, and ideally a lot more work being shown in the showcase forum.

I've got some more to show this week - I'll try to get some of it scanned and online shortly.

Well thanks for posting your work in the first place... It is a good forum, whne we get posts like this and have something for discusion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2007#177704 Report
Wow, these are brilliant! o_o
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2007#177781 Report
Hey, Paul! Looks great. You've really moved your style forward over the last year or so!

Do you have some full color finished pieces?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2007#178040 Report
So, I know it's been a while since I last promised an update. I was hoping to have some colored pages from a comic book that myself and a friend are working on, but the project is stalled due to schedule conflicts.

Onto the replies:

PAAVO! I thought you were dead! Thanks for the kind words. I always loved your work on this forum. Good to know I'm met w/ such high praise from someone like yourself.

Malibu, thanks. I feel stalled sometimes, considering I'm not "in the industry" but at the same time, I have a little more lattitude to try new things without fear of reproach from a boss or a professor, and that's letting me move myself forward. It's definitely good to hear it from another person though. I do have some colored pieces, but none of them are much beyond a sketch, so I think I'll hold off a bit, and try to get some really finished pieces up shortly.

Anyway, I do have a few new sketches - no photoshop work though, if that's ok.

These are new pages out of the aforementioned moleskine. The format is a tad bigger than 3x5'. Thank god I'm actually starting to fill this thing. It's falling apart, and I'm starting to get sick of carrying it around, but it makes me have no excuse to not draw when I have a free moment.

It's hard to appropriate time to be creative when you have a non-art/design oriented job. I'm working on it though - slowly creaking back to life.

Anyway, lemme know what you all think.
-Paul

*edit* Oh yeah, the media on the top three in this post are ball point pen w/ a few spots of white-out pen. and the lower is pencil on a post-it note. These pages fit nicely in my moleskine, so I keep it around.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2007#178079 Report
Pretty sweet stuff right there. Nice work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum