TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Fast Logo Creation

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 22nd 2007#176002 Report
Hi!

I just had 2 hours for creating a new logo for a 70s and 80s dance event...
what dou you think?

www.3vent.net/hr1tanzboden.jpg

Greetz!
Michael
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 24th 2007#176021 Report
Although its been done 100's of times before and will in general recieve a collective "yawn" it is well done.

I really don't care for the background very much though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 24th 2007#176027 Report
Hehe, I agree with Torn...
For a logo it isn't very unique, uniqueness is one of the key aspects for a logo, right? And I think it could use some color.

The 70s and 80s are known for some crazy ass experimenting with drugs, right? Right now this logo isn't giving me 'the vibe'. Blend in some LSDesque colors and you are good to go ;-)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2007#176075 Report
in general agreement. doesn't really show '70s/80s dancing'. if you hadn't said anything and i just looked at it, i probably wouldn't have known that it was people dancing. maybe a super hero team pose. maybe you could throw in some line work to show the clothing style of the people dancing...maybe a little more 'fun', 'animated' silhouettes? some dynamic flare in those pants and hair.

also, why does an event like this need a logo? is it going to be an annual type of event? unless a wide range of people are going to get exposure to this dance event, there will probably need to by some typography worked into the logo, other wise people won't recognize this event as an individual, unique without the a lot of people connecting the graphic to this specific event. United Airlines, for example, took a long time from when they first started to become ballsy enough to drop the 'airlines' portion and just leave United w/ the stylized U-shape as the mark. The typography in that logo itself is symbolic and recognizable b/c it's a custom designed typeface.

[edit]
just realized you got some type on there. woo! sorry
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 29th 2007#176093 Report
I would use some different silhouettes. The way this one is done it looks like the people have little midget arms and is kind of comical.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 29th 2007#176103 Report
I like the logo, but it definately needs some color ... Funk it up a bit dude with some colors and style from the period.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2007#176484 Report
Hey!!! Your link is not working man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2007#176498 Report
Probably because it was posted 3 months ago. He's probably updated the logo since then ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum