TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Suggestions for photo improvement

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 26th 2006#175139 Report
Hello everyone,

I'm not a professional, just someone who gets a few good photos occasionally and has Photoshop. I hope this is the right place to post this.

I took this picture the other day and for some reason I just really like it, but it needs something. Being a total novice I just can't seem to figure out what. I think some good cropping will help, and I'll take the utility pole out of the background, but I can't figure out what else this needs to make it... right... pop... better. Can anyone help with a suggestion on what it needs?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2006#175148 Report
To start with get the mushroom out of the center of the frame. Make a crop to get rid of the utility pole and to move the mushroom offcenter that will help the overall composition.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what you are looking for. You could add a little saturation to help it out some.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2006#175157 Report
Yeah, crop the photo so the main subject is out of the center..
You found an interesting angle, mostly because you don't look at mushrooms this way all the time.

Too bad you didn't photograph the entire thing, you would've had more room to play around with the photo and try out different crops if you would've photographed the base entirely.

It's a nice photo nonetheless.
I would try and crop it vertically.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2006#175240 Report
Thank you! Yes, I wish I'd gotten the bottom of it but I was shooting kind of blindly since I couldn't get my eye that close to the ground and my LCD screen doesn't rotate.

Anyway, this is what I ended up doing to the photo (and two others):

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum