TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

WIP: There be dragons....

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 18th 2006#173520 Report
Is she too far forward? Too far back? Is she too 'big' in proportion to the dragon? /me shakes Minse's spinal cord to get more info!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2006#173537 Report
I think she's too far back... We need to see just a little bit more of her.
Why did you choose to make her look that way? What is she looking at?
Why isn't she looking at the viewer? Answers!

*gently grabs a hold of the spinal cord and plugs it back in*
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2006#173539 Report
The picture looks good... one point IMHO the wing shouldn't dissapear behind the body like that unless it had some support like one of the wing spines.
Try tapering the wing infront of the body to attatch at the base you will then also be able to show the leg of the girl flying on the dragon....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2006#173551 Report
Okay, I turned her body (note shoulders), and put them into the right (better?) perspective--left shoulder higher.

Noelb: you've got my attention--although I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Support? Do you mean showing how the wing attaches to the body? In my mind, the dragon is rolling away from us (showing the underbelly), so I wouldn't see this. The leathery part of the wing (membrane) is attached along the length of the body--there are two trains of thought here in dragon illustration (from my research). One with the wing attached across the length (more correct with bat pysiology), and the other unattached. If you took a sail and didn't attach it along the bottom to the lenth of the boom, it wouldn't work--so I opt for the first.

But again, I'm not discounting what you said--I'd like to understand better what you mean--and only explain my thought here for clarification. You may very well be right that I should see the wing attachment at the base (if that's what you mean)

::edit:: I see part of the issue (I think). Sometimes with a work in progress you see things in your head that aren't really there. The scales will flow up the back of the neck--just not there yet... Let me add them and we'll see if the wing doesn't look more 'connected'.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2006#173555 Report
[blurry eyed]Okay, I've fixed some of the stuff pointed out, and have the background 98% complete.[/blurry eyed]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2006#173559 Report
heeey!!!
howcome I didn't hear anything about this so far? Shame on you! :P
I like it. Is it for what I think it is?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2006#174058 Report
Okay, almost finished. Just need to do final highlighting and shading on dragon and girl... unless you guys see something--oh, NL, I put her arms on a diet ;)

(posted above)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2006#174077 Report
Your doing a fantastic job, and yes clients can be very picky, ouch :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2006#174086 Report
Yay, that looks better!
But shouldn't there be a see through??? Like below her arm?
Isn't it weird to see her belly there? Or is her position slightly turned towards the viewer? Just put your wife in that position with her arms like that, and find out if this is the way you see it... Maybe take a photograp.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2006#174088 Report

Blasta: Sorry, I should know better than to make inside jokes on a forum. Some of the guys here know that the author is my wife >>> http://www.jackiegamber.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum