TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Diversion - New Short Film

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 21st 2006#172538 Report
[center]

[size=4][b]Click here/above to goto watch the trailer.[/center][/size][/b]

Hey,

Ive been working on a new film called 'Diversion'. Im making it with a very talented colleague of mine at Univesity, Simon Reeves. This is our final degree project. We have bashed together a really quick trailer for the film (to be taken with a larger big pinch of salt). As you can see from the trailer stills, its a live action/cg comp piece, and we're using XSI and its FxTree to comp

Cheers!

also, there is a "simple" version of the trailer to download on the site as well as the "standard one" if you just want to see the shots without the other malarky ;)

Here are some stills from the trailer:

The shots may not be perfect still so please dont worry too much about wee problems if you spot some ;)

Also there is a blog on our site

Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2006#172793 Report
Okay god damn it Cybling, I haven't checked this forum for months...(years?)
Cybling was the guy who rendered green faces on wooden textures last time I saw your stuff... okay I admit that I did see your amazing animation about the guy playing the piano...btw do you still have it up somewhere, would like to see it again?
Well anyway.. now I take a look and god damn you are doing amazing stuff, I mean this like pro **** dude!
You've come a very long way with your 3D stuff!
I'm so proud of you!
Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see the whole animation!

Edit...
Laughes a bit to my avatar :P
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2006#172795 Report
Hey 3jorn, long time! Hehe im glad you like it, i have to finish it by next tuesday! Yup, degree is over in 6 days now...crazy how time flies. How are you keeping? Ya the piano is available here: http://www.aidangibbons.com just click on the second pic there. Cheers again, ill post the finished film shortly!

Aidan
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2006#172797 Report
good stuff man, lighting and compositing is NICE (with a few minor exceptions, but i'm betting you know those already ;)).

so cool to see all y'all grow up...you're practically an animator, 3jorn went to hyper... *snif*

wow, i feel old.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2006#172799 Report
Yeah it's been a very long time :P
So what are you plans after you finish school?
Ready to start working for some big ass 3d company?
I came home from New York about 1 month ago, and now I am back in Finland.
Trying to find some job so I can pay my rent while I'm here.
Going for a job interview tomorrow... Nothing fancy, but just to get some cash from somewhere...
Just saw the piano again, and damn it's still as touching as the first time I saw it :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2006#172801 Report
Haha nice! Best of luck with your interview I hope i goes well! Yeah im gonna return to The Mill in london as an animator - fingers crossed. Its pretty definite tho i think. Cheers Chris, yup the trailers quite old now so theres lots of horrible shots in there! We'll be re-doing lots of shots in the upcoming 2/3 weeks. You got any work to show...either of you?

Heh yeha chris i feel old posting here too, i cant believe i joined this board when i was 16, im now 21...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2006#172802 Report
sounds cool :D I think you can go a long way with that kind of project in your portfolio!
I just posted my new portfolio in the web section... I think it was the right section, I have been gone for so long that I can't even find the right sections anymore :P
Yeah tell me about it... I think I was like 16-17 when I started here too and now I am 22... We are getting old :P

And hi Fig! long time no see also!
What are you up to now a days... damn, now I we are stealing your work thread, we should move this over to the random chat section, what ever it's called :P
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2006#172821 Report
Hey Cyb! Long time no see and all that. Bjorn showed me your movie last night. Awesome stuff man! I want to see it all.

And Fig too - Hi Fig!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2006#172895 Report
Now that's some high quality work. It looks damn amazing and it's not even finished yet!

The video reminds me of a clip from a band I saw on tv a few months ago... it may be last summer I don't know. I'll have to think about it.

Like I told you before, keep up the good work... I'm a fan!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2006#172900 Report
Hehe thanks fellas! Only 4 days left till i have to hand this puppy in! Will post the final vid sooon

Aidan
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum