TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

illustration: self portrait wip

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 26th 2006#172435 Report
it's been a good while since i've worked on a vector illustration; might atually be close to a year since i've dont anything beyond simple outline work.

i'm going for a psuedo-realism style here: i'm giving it more character and definition than the typical cell-shading style, but i'm also trying to make it look like an illustration rather than photorealistic. i want people who don't know anything about vector illustration to stil understand it's not a photo upon first glance.

i've been working on this for about 4 days now, on and off, and i'm sick of looking at it: progress is so slow with these, espcially with this style. if i'm lucky i might be 2/6 finnished. i still have the other 2/3 of the shirt to do, the pants/shoes, skin and head to finnish.

give me some feedback on it so far. i need something else to look at for a while.

http://www.vectorthis.com/temp/progress.jpg

cheers.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 18th 2006#172887 Report
Wow, that is looking brilliant!!! I hope you finish it!

*Just had another look at it and that t-shirt looks so real!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 18th 2006#172891 Report
The shirt is looking suberp... Man I feel for you... You probably do have loads of work left in the face etc... So, yeah stick at it man, I think you have a great showpiece in the making.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2006#173149 Report
thanks guys. sorry for taking so long to reply, i forgot i posted this up for review here.

you can see the finnished version in use in this thread http://forum.teamphotoshop.com/showthread.php?p=173148#post173148
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2006#173767 Report
Heh, yeah - theese things take a load of time! I did a vector illustration once, actually quite a while back, and it took me two days on and off as i recall.

I haven't done much illustrator work lately, but last i checked there was a few new tools that would make it wo much more easier.

Anyway. This is brilliant mate! The shirt is awesome and very detailed.. After you're done with a vector-project it's all worth it - but it can very hard to keep focus and interest :]
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum