TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need some logo advice/critics, please...

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 30th 2005#171123 Report
OK so I am doing this design for a friend of mine who had a beauty kind of shop. I've come this far but now I thing the logo has a bit of a clumsy/stupid look to it.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Is it clear what I am trying to show? Do you like, or hate, it

Thanks in advance, heres the logo:

http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/1897/logoiph21hx.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2005#171189 Report
no one :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171200 Report
well for one, i have no idea what the business is, so i don't know how well the imagery of an eye relates to it. if it's mostly focusing on hair, then maybe an eye is a bad choice. what exactly is a beauty shop? nail salon? hair stylist? make up? all of the above?

gotta give more info for an in-depth analysis.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171212 Report
Yeah it's all of em. From body wax to make-up. Thats what makes it rather hard, cause I can't have a full body WITH face in the logo IMO. Most of the stuff being done in the shop is facial though, so I figured an eye. I thought about a whole face but noses are so stupid...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171215 Report
The colour is just not right for a beauty shop, I don't think. I'd try something more fresh and more modern. That colour blue is just a little blah. Maybe try 3 colours. One for the top, one in the middle and one on the bottom. That might look pretty snazzy and give the logo a bit more life.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171218 Report
I'm not feeling the text up top, maybe because it isn't english but it doesn't look right to me.
I like the eye illustration at this size, however I wonder how it would look in a smaller size, or on different backgrounds(black & white) and items (such as business cards and signage)
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 2nd 2005#171234 Report
[QUOTE=Geassel]Yeah it's all of em. From body wax to make-up. Thats what makes it rather hard, cause I can't have a full body WITH face in the logo IMO. Most of the stuff being done in the shop is facial though, so I figured an eye. I thought about a whole face but noses are so stupid...[/QUOTE]
i hear you all the way.

i don't know about everyone, but for myself, word association for beauty brings me to the head/face; it's the partof the body that most distinguiases a person when you take away all cosmetics.

i'm just throwing ideas out there, but maybe something like a woman's head mid-swing -- like when girls twirl around to show off and their hair is swinging. maybe trying to emhasis the "look how good i look and feel" attitude cusstomers should walk away with after goign to the salon?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 8th 2005#171286 Report
For me the colour is a little too bold as well. Also, you want to give it a bit more of an 'organic' feel, so i'd lose the square. There are so many ways you could go here.

Ask your friend to write down 7 adjectives that describe beauty. If she says something like 'pure' maybe you could use really washed-out blues and quite a bit of white space, if she says something like 'natural' then earthy tones are the way to go.

Hope this helps!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2007#178692 Report
I really like it. A beauty shop is all about a person's image so the eye works fine. The colour is nice but I do like Spectra's idea of using three colours. Try it and see what it looks like. Its fab though!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum