TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

pic.untitled

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 28th 2001#14829 Report
...and not really finished, but I wanted to post anyway, just to show what I'm messing with. I've been trying to get better with making 3D images in Photoshop, and it's been a slow process for me (although I only spent a few hours on this, which is why it isn't really rich with detail). Here is the result of my labors:

Result of My Labors

I'd love it if you could tell me how to improve on the 3D imagery, without getting into 3D programs!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2001#14877 Report
looks very good. i'm impressed that your not using a 3d program. the only thing that bothers me - the 'tentacles' dont look as 'real' as the sphere. i woudlnt know how to fix that, except maybe texture them more. good work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2001#14902 Report
yeh, I know what you mean. It was bothering me that the tentacles looked so plain. How about this one:

variant 2

I was messing around with this texture while working on the tentacles, but didn't know if it fit. I went ahead and changed the background to make it look less like a fairy tale.

Any better?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2001#14931 Report
Ok, leave the 3d aspect of the tentacles alone, that is very good. Is this supposed to be an underwater scene type image? if so, move the wavy effect behind the sphere. About the tentacles again - they look really good, but i think they should match the sphere in colour more, or have maybe the sphere effect/color fade into the beginning of the tentacles -then fade into what you have now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2001#14932 Report
I kinda like the first version better. Looks really cool by the way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2001#14946 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2001#14947 Report
Nice tentacles, how did you make them look like some are in front? Maybe it's the blurs and the fact they are different sizes...

Oh, by the way, hello, liquid::pixel! Love your sig!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2001#14960 Report
mostly blurring to get the depth of field.

coming back today and seeing the two together, I think I like the first one better also. Or maybe I should just take the texture off of the tentacles in the second one. I like the wave in the first one, too. Looks more misty.

I don't know. I'll keep tinkering. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum