TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Allo

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 9th 2005#170787 Report
I'll introduce myself first since I'm new to the site. As the name indicates, I like Cointreau. A lot. Especially in winter cause it gets real cold :D

That said, I've studied graphics for a year. Now I'm starting my internship for a company called Silver Tiger Printing. Mostly Illustrator/InDesign work, but my poison of choice is still Photoshop. Our last school project consisted in constructing a 3D CV:

Overview
It's a booklet, and that's how it looks like printed out.

Now for the inside pages:
Resume
Potfolio
Photography
Mostly done with Photoshop, except for the spiky swirl and rectangles. Applied a brushed metal texture with the basic RGB variants.

The rest lied in layout and structure. The Portfolio page is a sample of what I've done. Didn't want to saturate it because I leave these CVs behind after an interview. Gives my potential employer the chance to salivate. Same goes for the photos.

So what do you think?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2005#170794 Report
I dont think thats going to print out too well. Its going to look like a bunch of mushed up colors. I def would reconsider designing that for a portfolio cover
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2005#170800 Report
[QUOTE=thewhitenite007]I dont think thats going to print out too well. Its going to look like a bunch of mushed up colors. I def would reconsider designing that for a portfolio cover[/QUOTE]

I've had 4 copies printed, cut, and binded. Thought that would be an issue, so I had the first 2 done at a service bureau, with high resolution printers and high gloss paper. They turned out very well. Cost me $25 though :mad:

So I bought myself some HP Premium Plus photo paper, and printed the other 2 from home. They still turned out fine. Negligible quality difference to the naked eye. The gray retained its silvery finish and the colours blended in seamlessly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2005#170805 Report
I still recommend redesigning it. Any major design firms would laugh at it
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2005#170811 Report
Thanks for the input. Always entitled to your opinion, but I doubt you have the authority to speak for major design firms. Of course, I would be more than happy to elaborate if your post had some sort of substance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2005#170825 Report
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Voltaire
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum