TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My Frist Wallpaper

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 27th 2001#14756 Report
Well, here it is. I've had PS 6 for about 3-4 days now and this is my first wallpaper. I'm a real noob so give me lots of feedback.

http://www.infinitysys.net/images/matrixpaper.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2001#14758 Report
Looks like the Matrix alright... Looks good but you didn't really do anything original on there. Just a Matrix font with a Matrix picture with a Matrix background. And then some scanlines. But anyway... It's the Matrix.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2001#14759 Report
Hmm, well I'm still pretty knew at this, so let me ask you a question. What would you have done to make it original?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2001#14762 Report
I don't think there really is anything you could do to make it original. I mean the Matrix is the Matrix. You have to use the Matrix font, and the Matrix background falling code stuff. So every Matrix site or wallpaper is going to look the same. Not necessarily anything wrong with that though I suppose.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2001#14763 Report
I think it looks good. It's only experimentation anyway. Obviously you didn't take that picture, and didn't come up with the green letters, but so what? I don't have Natalie Portman available for me to photograph her either. Wallpapers aren't always original, but simply a compilation of something you like.

I think the Chinese characters you used were cool, you obviously had to make new text for your wallpaper. For your first wallpaper, I think it's cool. As you learn more, you'll be able to make artwork from scratch. For now, though, manipulating something else is a great way to start.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2001#14766 Report
Sounds good to me, thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2001#14986 Report
Originally posted by cablemotion
For now, though, manipulating something else is a great way to start.

thats how i started. it's the best way to start, in my opinion. i like the wallpaper, but deker is right - its the matrix. if you didnt have any of the signiture style matrix stuff in there - (falling code, font) it wouldnt be the matrix and just confusing. looks good though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2001#14989 Report
how did u make the scanlines?

i'll post this in noob
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2001#15026 Report
Go to any tutorial site on the internet for scanlines. www.designsbymark.com has the best scanline method.

I couldn't stop laughing at this pic. Last week the green falling letters was my background, and this week, it's the centre pic! Love the way you mixed them, very cool. Plus, its the Matrix, anything Matrix is cool, not to dishearten you in any way. Looks cool :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2001#15044 Report
Thanks, hehe, I was just about to post the designsbymark myself ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum