TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

The Two Of Clubs

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 25th 2005#169976 Report
Check out my new work 2of clubs.

http://ezromation.bizhat.com

If you click on the picture it will take you to my sites main menu, where you can see a bunch of other stuff :D .
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2005#170044 Report
very cool. Though it wouldn't , .. actually work on a deck of cards, The concept of the guy is cool and it's a really good illustration. especially the clubs that he's wielding, i like how they're outlined.

excellent job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2005#170046 Report
really great illustration.
You have a bunch of very nice stuff on your website - but.. I gotta say this - the button!! the button is killing me!!

welcome to teamps
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 29th 2005#170052 Report
Thanks for the positive feed back havent had much recently, just a couple of things.
So do you not like the buttons on my web site? I have been thinking about doing a nice fancy flash button, but havent got round to it.

Also it is actually part of a deck of cards, so I hope it works. It is actually one of the more recogniseable cards, for example the jack of spades is a photo of a guy with a spade with no suit symbols at all!.

Still should be good publicity theres an exhibition with all the other artists (one per card) Its called the Bristol Pack, a friend put me on to it when I first moved to bristol (uk)

thanks again for the feed back, I just finished a big illustration today so I will try to put that up tomorrow, and would be gratefull if people would take a peak.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2005#170063 Report
I have been thinking about doing a nice fancy flash button, but havent got round to it.

why not put simple text links like God intended? Let the illustrations get all the attention - the buttons are just.. navigation.. getting there
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2005#170068 Report
Well I get a lot of people going on about this. Basicly its web design versis content, I get a lot of stick for having a fairly basic design from the web deign camp, but my illustrator friends say that I should keep it as simple as possible.

From what Ive seen there are alot of very flash heavy sites out there, that part of me feels I should try to keep up with. On the other hand if I spend all my time on the web design my other work will suffer, and I'm not really wanting to become a web design guy :confused: I do get very contradictory views on this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2005#170077 Report
it's like this:
- expensive items come in unmarked cardboard (or wood) boxes
- the most expensive perfume comes in plain tiny clear glass bottles with a paper label written by hand
- the real "foie gras" thinghy comes in rusty cans

a nice layout for your portfolio is always nice but one good rule is that content is master. If your "thing" is illustration you don't need to worry about "nice" layout - as long as it's functional and easy to understand.
Ask yourself this: "what am I admiring? The painting or the frame?"
Deker where are you?? Come support me in this
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2005#170112 Report
I understand what your saying, but it still depends on your audience, for example I usually get work as an animator.
When I go for interview and show them my demo reel, what they should be looking at is my animation, but I know what they often get excited about is if my work is rendered.
I have one animation where a flying saucer is going through space, its very pretty but the animation is minimal, however that has been the clip that people mention the most. A clear case of packaging and presentation over taking content, dont get me wrong I know there being daft but still, it gets me hired.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 7th 2005#170226 Report
What you do with your website is ultimately up to you. If you don't want to put any work in to it, that's your business (and if it's not interfering with getting work why bother?). Just as long as you understand that you'll probably get critiqued on it when you show it around the internet. I also find the button layout distracting. I kept trying to click the text and realzied that the button was the link, not the text. Since this kept happening (though I eventually got used to it), I probably spent less time at your site (and subsequently looking at your stuff) than I would have.

But you have to find a balance. You seem to know where your priorities lie. That said, I think you could easily make your site more inviting, friendly, and useable while still keeping it simple.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum