TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Sig Critic Wanted

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 12th 2005#170284 Report
So is my sig too big? I've gone for a simple comedy approach really but it's the size I use on other forums
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 12th 2005#170291 Report
To those who have posted their sigs in this thread for critique, bear in mind that your signature should not be too unlike a signature at the bottom of a letter. Think in terms of something relatively personal, like a slogan, or catchphrase, or simply your name, or the name of your website.

Likewise IMO, the imagery therein ought to be something personal, or if nothing else, original to you.

The above description is how I "read" signatures. If I see them at the bottom of someone's post, who I do not know, I think "this person likes anime" or "this persons knowledge of photoshop is relagated exclusively to blending modes, filters, and layer styles". Your signature doesn't need to encapsulate everything you know about photoshop, your posts should do that. And even further, when it comes to creating art, or illustrating, it's not how much you know in photoshop, but how you use it to convey the intent of the image. Look at Fig's and x-fusion-x's sigs. They coincide with their site designs (or at least x-fusion-x's used to). You get the idea though.

So, to all of the people above except for sickmate and phantomghost, make your sigs smaller, and if I may offer my personal opinion, lose all of the elements that you didn't make yourself.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 12th 2005#170292 Report
[QUOTE=Pganguly]To those who have posted their sigs in this thread for critique, bear in mind that your signature should not be too unlike a signature at the bottom of a letter. Think in terms of something relatively personal, like a slogan, or catchphrase, or simply your name, or the name of your website.

Likewise IMO, the imagery therein ought to be something personal, or if nothing else, original to you.

The above description is how I "read" signatures. If I see them at the bottom of someone's post, who I do not know, I think "this person likes anime" or "this persons knowledge of photoshop is relagated exclusively to blending modes, filters, and layer styles". Your signature doesn't need to encapsulate everything you know about photoshop, your posts should do that. And even further, when it comes to creating art, or illustrating, it's not how much you know in photoshop, but how you use it to convey the intent of the image. Look at Fig's and x-fusion-x's sigs. They coincide with their site designs (or at least x-fusion-x's used to). You get the idea though.

So, to all of the people above except for sickmate and phantomghost, make your sigs smaller, and if I may offer my personal opinion, lose all of the elements that you didn't make yourself.[/QUOTE]

sorry but mine contains what I currently like... It's not a work of art but then I'm not really going for that. I could do something sophisticated and arty, but at the moment I am suiting my mood.

What would you say is a more acceptable size?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum