TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

a new wallpaper

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 13th 2005#169638 Report
I made a new wallpaper using adobe photoshop. I'm still a beginner so the wall may still need some adjustments (or alot, depending on how you see it :P). I'd like to know what you think of it, so please comment thanks in advance

my wallpaper
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2005#169688 Report
Looks alright, but I'm not sure thats really a wallpaper. What is your resolution? Also please change the side of your signature it is over the size limit.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2005#169692 Report
The resolution is 1024x768, but because I've used photobucket as my image host, it's been resized. I'm not sure what you mean by change the side of my signature? can you please tell me what the size limit is, and I'll be happy to change it
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2005#169698 Report
:P My bad... I ment size. I dont really think there is a "heigh and width" limit persay, however I think it would simply be better if it was scaled down. Yeah, I didn't realize that you were using an image host. Makes sence now
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2005#169700 Report
Thanx so much
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2005#169707 Report
That sigs a little better
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169752 Report
thanx
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169794 Report
It looks good, but there are a couple things:

I have an FF plugin that lets me scale images up when viewing, and I noticed that the image was smattered with that oh-so-common photoshop star brush, as well as the hugely passe lens flare. For some images that you really want to set apart as your own, it's a good idea to stay away from things that are very noticeably default photoshop settings. This includes gradients, filters, default brush and vector shapes, layer styles, etc.

Now, not to say you cannot use these things to make a good looking image, but typically if you use each of them alone, you won't really add anything new to your image that hasn't already been seen.

Also, on the subject of originality, the image is somewhat bland in the areas of design and subject matter. It looks like you found some anime-esque image somewhere, and messed with it in photoshop until you got something you liked.

This is not to undermine the work you put into the piece, but you're learning still, and there's no way to really get better unless someone tells you the good and bad aspects of your piece. On that note, you appear to have some design sensibilities, as this is not completely and utterly overkilled with effects as some I have seen in the past. Furthermore, if you in fact drew the girl, then showcase more of your drawing ability. If you didn't draw her, try something like it in the future.

Best way to get better at anything is to practice.

Good luck on the next one.

-Paul
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169795 Report
Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it. As for the girl I didn't draw her, I can draw but I don't think I quite know how to yet using adobe. I tried making other walls is this any better or does it also look like I've used basic techniques? Thanks
my other wall
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum