TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Shot some shots with Canon 350D

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 4th 2005#168543 Report
Broke in the Digital Rebel XT on vacation a little bit. Can't really call it vacation--it was too much family to relax...

http://www.pictusdesign.com/photography/gallery1.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 4th 2005#168544 Report
very nice.
the pic of the two women on the step is my favorite of the group. You got great color/exposure in all the shots.
are you happy with the camera so far?
I broke in my newest at a car show. big mistake. awful indoor experience and the crowds were horrible. Controlled situations are much better when learning a new rig.

http://www.photoshopuser.com/napmem/gallery/view_img.php?id=20449

check em out
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 4th 2005#168547 Report
What's the setup you're shooting, Matthew? All great shots you have there, some are spectacular!

I love the Digital Rebel XT so far... it's made me better just owning it. Now I have to get some skills to work with. I gunned down from the 20D purchase at the last second. No regrets so far!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2005#168583 Report
I'll second that - those shots are great - I especially like the car ones.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2005#168616 Report
Malibu, photos look great. I am jealous!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2005#168774 Report
Just posted in the discussion forum... I'm a little rusty...

Nice job, Malibu - A bit of advice: don't force yourself to use the auto settings, It really slows your development as a photographer. And, snag a good, heavy tripod (eBay, Pawn Shop, etc.) - those are the two things that really helped me the most... Oh, and shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot and.... oh, yeah.... shoot more.

cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2005#168776 Report
hey where's the car and stuff? there's only a few pics in there. I wanna see too
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2005#168783 Report
I know you're right about the auto mode, Nate. I read the entire manual cover to cover (except the Spanish part) and played with each setting as I went, and then two weeks later--I can't remember how to scratch my nose. I should start shooting RAW mode, that would force me into the advance modes! I have a decent tripod--but everything so far has been either hand-held or mono-pod. I'm getting better, little by little. I think I want to take a hands-on photography class next...

[QUOTE=graphicsguy]Just posted in the discussion forum... I'm a little rusty...

Nice job, Malibu - A bit of advice: don't force yourself to use the auto settings, It really slows your development as a photographer. And, snag a good, heavy tripod (eBay, Pawn Shop, etc.) - those are the two things that really helped me the most... Oh, and shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot and.... oh, yeah.... shoot more.

cheers![/QUOTE]

Oh, and mihai--the car reference was to emkaydist's hijack post above (which has some excellent photography in it)!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2005#169399 Report
thanks for the kind words guys. As far as cars: from shows over the last few years I have alot of stuff. Mostly classics and hot rods. the Tuner shows tend to be indoors and the lighting always sucks at them. I have a ton of motorcycle stuff.

The question about the setup: I'm using the Nikon CP8700. I couldn't afford the 8800 and am not the least displeased. It has complete manual control and 12 scene modes and you can set custom settings. It is teaching me alot. I will get another Nikon in the future. I get alot of lucky shots and just retouch color and levels well. someone said shot, shoot and shoot some more and they are right. I'll shoot 200-300 in less than two hours while treking on my bike.

check the new stuff here:
http://www.photoshopuser.com/napmem/gallery/view_img.php?id=20916

and thanks again
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum