TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

website logo feedback

Page: 1 Reply
May 25th 2005#168371 Report
hey guys i just completed this logo for a client... take a look at it and tell me what ya think

www.design-a-lopes.com
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2005#168374 Report
looks good, although it kinda reminds me of the Verizon logo a little bit (if it were an envelope).
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2005#168375 Report
I like the logo. It caught me as off balance, I understand the imagery (I think) of the envelope... but the 'check mark' representing the flap felt like it should run the other way. Prolly just me.

Sidebar: What image gallery script did you run on your salmon-tracker website? Or is it custom code?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2005#168380 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]I like the logo. It caught me as off balance, I understand the imagery (I think) of the envelope... but the 'check mark' representing the flap felt like it should run the other way. Prolly just me.

Sidebar: What image gallery script did you run on your salmon-tracker website? Or is it custom code?[/QUOTE]
hey guys, thanks for the comments. the image gallery script is based on Simple Picture Gallery Manager. http://spgm.sourceforge.net/ extremely customizable and easy to use
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2005#168382 Report
I like the logo, yet it seems like the "flap" would not reach the corners if extended. The way it is it sort of looks like an arrow. But the whole splash page is really nice so far.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2005#168385 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]I like the logo. It caught me as off balance, I understand the imagery (I think) of the envelope... but the 'check mark' representing the flap felt like it should run the other way. Prolly just me.[/QUOTE]

actually i'd agree, unless there's a reason for leaving it i'd flip it on the y.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2005#168392 Report
guys i switched the envelope, tell me what you think.. i actually liek it the other way but that might be because i was used to seeing it that way. let me know, i need a second opinion
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2005#168402 Report
I like it better this way. It goes back to eye-flow. I learned a long time ago, if you have a person in a graphic, and they're looking in a direction--that direction is where the eye will flow. Usually that means having them look toward the center of the logo. In this case it's a little different, because it's a pseudo envelope flap. However, I feel that now the flow of the checkmark is going toward the center of the logo. If it was on the other end of the logo, I'd prolly want it going opposite.

Also, if the trademark is not officially registered, but just intent or in-process of registering, it's supposed to be a small tm (someone may correct me on this--I'm working from memory).
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2005#168405 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]I like it better this way. It goes back to eye-flow. I learned a long time ago, if you have a person in a graphic, and they're looking in a direction--that direction is where the eye will flow. Usually that means having them look toward the center of the logo. In this case it's a little different, because it's a pseudo envelope flap. However, I feel that now the flow of the checkmark is going toward the center of the logo. If it was on the other end of the logo, I'd prolly want it going opposite.

Also, if the trademark is not officially registered, but just intent or in-process of registering, it's supposed to be a small tm (someone may correct me on this--I'm working from memory).[/QUOTE]
i see where youre coming from, but the thing i have with it in this position is that it does seem to draw the eye away from the logo. since the checkmark is 'pointing' to the left, and the logo continues to the right. it actually looks more like a checkmark than an envelope in my opinion

also, i was unaware of the necessity of having TM smaller if it is in the process of being approved, which it is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum