TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Colours

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 25th 2001#14523 Report
What is the best colour for a site to be ?
I am under the impression that blue on white is the best, but i would like some feedback. What is the best colour scheme for a website?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 25th 2001#14529 Report
there's not really an answer to that question.
It's just a personal opinion, some like green... some like blue.

some colors fit certain websites better then others. This question is like asking what food is best. :D

and in some countries certain colors stand for other things then in other countries.

Like yellow is the color of hate in some countries, in other lands it stand for joy.

Just read a book about color-theory.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 25th 2001#14543 Report
I've found that neutral colours are pleasing to look at. And that's really what you want if you want people to come back to see your site again. The way I like to think of it is like this. You don't want people to notice the colour, it's just there. Take this site for example. The purple background could be so bright and obnoxious, but instead it's less saturated. (or is it not as light...? I can never remember which slider does what) Anyway, my point is you can really pick any colour (as long as it suits the mood). Just make sure the colour does what its supposed to do. A more subdued colour or shade for the background. More noticeable colours for areas where you want people to look. There are always exceptions that prove the rule. And not everyone abides by this. So I guess what I'm really trying to say is, go with what looks good to you. If it's interesting, people should respect that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum