TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

A little help from my friends..

Page: 1 Reply
May 17th 2005#168248 Report
Howdy, howdy. Haven't posted here in a while. Apparently the last time was the 15/02/03. That's a while ago.

Anywho I'm having some difficulty with a little project I decided to do (for my own benefit). It's colourising a black and white picture.

This is it. It's the 'Mad Day Out' picture of the Beatles that is most well known. Anywho I'm trying to be a smarty and give colour to Paul and Ringo as they're the only two left but to me, and probably you chaps reading this, it seems, uh, a little..bad? I'm not sure but something doesn't seem to be right. So that's why I'm posting in the graphic check section just to give it a quick check.

Anywho all help/comments will be appreciated.

Cheers.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2005#168249 Report
I think Paul's face is a little 'too perfect'. It's too smooth, not enough imperfections, no texture. Ringo has some stubble and shadows in his face that maintains the 'real' feel. Also, Paul's eyes are too bright, he should have more shadows on his eyes being behind Paul.

I think you have an excellent start. I don't see why you couldn't post this in the Art Showcase, and keep us updated as you modify the work.

Don't be a stranger...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2005#168250 Report
Wow, that's the word! Smooth. Crap and smooth. They sound similar.

Does Ringos' face not look to bright? I imagine there'd be quite a bit of light on him but it looks somewhat odd. How could I go about roughening up Paul's face? I notice now that because he is behind Ringo he should have darker sort of look about him.

Anywho, thanks. I'll get right to work on this and I just hope that Ringo/Paul doesn't die in between me cleaning this up and me finishing it.

Cheers.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2005#168279 Report
The only thing that really stood out to me was that Pauls hair is very contrasting and looks like he had a bad hair coloring. He needs to have more of a softer look to the hair, and a lot less contrast. Other than that, continue what you are doing and continue to refine the coloring.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum