TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Made this in one night

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 23rd 2005#167786 Report
I started a challenge on conceptart.org last week that ended yesterday. I had much less free time than I thought I would, so I ended up doing this last night. I started at 1:30 am, and finished at 9 am. The subject was "Steampunk Space Kittens". It was between myself and 3 other members. We decided to compete since we were all the same age more or less, so we got together and one of the members chose a topic (not me) and we got to work.

Here's my final Image

here's some WIP shots:
Pencils
Early colors

Here's an earlier incarnation of what I had in mind when I began. I ended up scrapping this idea just because the pencils needed a lot of work, and I didn't really feel like keeping on with it.
Pencils
Early colors

Also, I think you can view it without signing up on the forum, but here's the final image thread. If you want to also, you can view the original challenge thread here

Anyway, it was a fun competition (which I am so far winning) and we're probably going to do another one sometime soon.

Let me know what you guys think.

-PaulG
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 23rd 2005#167787 Report
It's awesomebeans.

Although her ear seems a bit out of place ...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 24th 2005#167794 Report
Wow...Thats outstanding. I really really like it. If you dont mind me asking, how did you come along with the skill of drawing people? Books? Instructors?..

Just wondering if you have any advice for someone that wants to start that kind of work. I know you'll probably say practice, but what did you practice doing? :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 24th 2005#167803 Report
Wow that really is amazing!!
I have no idea how to draw like this, but not sure if I would have put the outline on her face.
It looks good everywhere else but not there.
and the round thing around her could have been a bit more 3d, it looks a bit rushed.
but yeah AMAZING work!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2005#167830 Report
nice drawing as usual ;) like the colors and the line in the cloth !
but there alwais a but lol am not sure about that big metal thing behind , but again maibe its just me ! and another thing what are those little dot betwin her right arm stomach ?
but the drawing good job alwais really nice , vbeen a while i didnt draw lol !
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2005#167847 Report
Hey Paul, nice, fun, excellent for a speed job!

I notice your examples only show profiles on the faces. Is this an artistic preference, or is it just because it's so dab-blummed difficult to draw a face straight on, or at an angle? I know I have always struggled with that in illustration.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum