TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My car.

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166819 Report
A few pictures. They have imperfections since I've spent nearly no time in making them better... but still.

1992 Volvo 960

click1 134kb
click2 292kb
click3 152kb
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166821 Report
hey those are nice pics. Is that your car?

also - might I suggest a little trick to get the most out of your pics?
Here goes:
did you ever see on better cameras that the viewfinder has 4 little crosses in it? They put those there to help you position your subject. Unless it's for macros or for utility pics where the main subject needs to be displayed as centered as possible - for all "artsy" pics it is best if you don't center your subject. I know it's the most logical thing that comes to mind - get it centered...but you'll see - it looks more dramatic if you position your subject one third the distance from 2 adjacent edges.
that said - the B/W pic is awesome
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 22nd 2005#166859 Report
Yeah, that's my car. I love it.

What you described sounds like the rule of thirds, which I have definitely tried with the location in the picture. However, when putting the car in a corner, it left too much ugly crap on the other side... and just didn't look too good. But I understand what you're saying.

As a bonus to this thread, here's a picture that my friend took:

CLICK CLICK CLICK!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 22nd 2005#166865 Report
very nice photo

as for the rule of thirds...
don't think in just two dimensions - let's look at the B/W photo. If you bring the car closer to the camera.... you can use up more of one corner than the rest... and voila :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum