TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need suggestions on cleaning a image

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 15th 2005#166706 Report
Well i have tried the pen tool and it mad the lines just as jaggy if not worse then the original.Unless i am just doing something wrong.Maybe cause when i retrace it i use the stoke path?

Thanks

Second >>> please reduce the data size of your sig; for general guidelines http://forum.teamphotoshop.com/showthread.php?t=3 -- for practical, a sig of 20-25K is reasonable, yours at 235K is a titan.

lol thats impossible for that, ill just take it off,sorry about that I usually just stay on broadband boards
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 15th 2005#166711 Report
We try to be kind to our dial-up members (all 2 of them) ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by just as jaggy. Here is a quick trace over part of your logo to show the difference >>> PSI's logo-- don't worry about using stroke paths unless you need to use it for something else. Just leave it as a shape layer.

::edit:: silly me. I wasn't thinking about needing the thin outline. Of course you'll use stroke, but you should still get clean results. Updated image. The best way to do vector art like logos is in Illustrator, then you can just switch between stroke and fill vectors.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 15th 2005#166712 Report
Well thanks for showing me, i dont have illustrator, and this is making me pull my hair out, every way i try in photoshop the lines still look like there hand drawn,sloppy and crooked. The masking and all that is new to me,paths and stuff is over my head.:(
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2005#166730 Report
I never learned pen tool in PS... I learned it when I first started learning Illustrator, and then brought it back to PS. It's powerful and important to learn. Take the time to learn it now--you won't regret it later.

I could do it for ya, but that's obviously not what you want. Here's some more tutorials >>>
http://www.iland.net/~england/pen1.html
http://members.aol.com/clehan/tips/pentool.pdf
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2005#166732 Report
malibu thanks for all the help and links, ill keep at it, if i still keep on having problems i am might need some help lol, i usually try to figure stuff out on my own, but maybe i just need a little more patience ;), ill keep at it hehe

In Illustrator is it somewhat easier to learn the pen tool?

Thanks again ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2005#166747 Report
Well if someone has time can they clean it up for me, i just cant :(do it, i have tried everything besides illustrator, i dont have money for that and to expensive to buy for this,lol

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2005#166763 Report
Cleaned up! Clicky here to get

It took me about 45 minutes with the pen tool in illustrator. The lines wasnt very hard to trace , it was fun tracing it. I hope its some use to you
Cool logo by the way, u got some talent there.

Have fun
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2005#166766 Report
wow, that is awesome,totally appreciated!!!! and thanks for the complement,Hopefully ill learn the pen tool it looks like a tool worth knowing how to use.Wow thanks again! and for your time
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 19th 2005#166790 Report
That was very sweet Ensomuly +1 for team love

Added some points to your reputation
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum