TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Two portraits and a nude...

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 6th 2005#166444 Report
I am really into improving my photography skills so I would be very happy to get some advanced critiques from you guys. All three were shot with a Canon 10D with a regular zoom lens.

"Stasha"

"Little Princess"

"LeChat 1"
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2005#166495 Report
I don't know about the "advanced critiques" but I'll try my best

Considering the nature of the subject in little princess, the fuzzyness is pretty effective to create the proper ambiance. Good colours, good aperture and the deep in her dark eyes is impressive. Best picture of the three.

LeChat is also interesting. You had a beautiful model and you shot her in a great posture. The highlights on her abdomen is kinda distracting though. There's like too much light in the middle of the picture... the highlights on her arms doesn't have the same impact and is ok to give alot of contrast. Nice colour adjustment too.

Stasha is more "normal". I don't see anything special, but it's a good picture nonetheless. The angle is interesting.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2005#166498 Report
the little pricess is the best. the depth, colors (especially since the coat is silver and that's always hard to get right). If the subject would be anything else but a kid I'd be sure it was heavily retouched. That skin screams "magazine" - As it is - kids have the most amazing skintones... so I'd say - lightly retouched?

I find Le Chat a little vulgar - the stance not the subject (who is very pretty) - Perhaps it was intended? cats....? I also find it a little overexposed (or too high curve adjustment afterwards."

off topic - I really love your site header

[edit]= I read my post and realized it sounds much more pompous than I intended it. I love the photos! they're better than what I do..but heh - everyone's a critic hihi

I also love your designs...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 14th 2005#166665 Report
Damn I can never get cute chicks like that to pose for me,

Interesting site especially your prints, do you think giclee is better than inkjet?....Or is giclee just another word for inkjet?

Can you print bigger than 60cm x 45cm ?...
I also noticed your canvas is actually textured paper, can you print onto real canvas?
heaps of questions i know but im very interested
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2005#166743 Report
The Little Princess would have been stronger if it were tighter on her face. Much of her costume, though colorful, is a distraction. She's giving you such a sweet pose, I really think it should be cropped just a little more tightly.

le chat is washed out, though the model's posture is wonderful. Restive and sensual.

The double sided portrait weakens itself...I think...The technique seems to be tossed in for no apparent reason. Very weak portrait...maybe try her in a different context?

thank you for sharing your photos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum