TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new logo...the venue...

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 19th 2005#165944 Report
this is a logo i've just finished up for a new college/young adult ministry. the groups itself is fairly informal, it's just starting out so we're sort of letting things define themselves and flow very naturally and evolve. as such everything i did looked either too grungy/college radio or too slick/overdesigned, i wanted a logo that didn't seem like it was trying too hard. what i ended up with after some experimentation is a hybrid of two typefaces (times and helvetica neue) that gave me a relaxed yet not grungy logo that i'm really happy with.

flame away

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 19th 2005#165946 Report
The weight of some of the strokes seems a little mismatched at the moment. The 'V' character and the 'U' character seem thicker than the 'E' characters. I am also a little unsure as to the mixing of a serif and sans serif typeface.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2005#165991 Report
thanks for the feedback. i agree that i'm not sure about the "e's", they may be a slightly lighter weight because there's no serif typeface added to them, there's just really nothing to add there on that particular letter. i personally like the blending of the two tho, but that could also be a personal thing. appreciate the thoughts

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2005#166000 Report
I agree with both of you. The "e"s look completely out of place. They look a tad lower than everything else too :s

I like the rest of it. Nice to see a Youth Ministry with something other than a flame as a logo :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2005#166013 Report
amen to that lazyroll! ;) (no offense meant to anyone)

It is at least refreshing to break from the mould with a custom (non flame) edition.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2005#166035 Report
Haha, I'm guilty, when I came up with my Youth Church logo... It was a flame :S But then I came up with anohter, so that's ok :D

Marc

BTW. Which program did you use to do that? I've been looking into doing some Typography, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2005#166037 Report
thanks guys. its all done in illustrator, isn't a true typeface or anything, just outlines created from type that are overlaid on each other.

i'm playing with a version with slightly heavier weights on the e's, problem is there's really nowhere to bring any kind of serif or additional mark into the letter to help it flow with the other type better. thoughts?

oh, they are the same height as everything else tho

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2005#166105 Report
well like wise , but i do find it as dull with some style ( which means its nice ) :/ but its like deja vu
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum