TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Sky Replacement

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 26th 2005#165112 Report
*Link removed*

- color corrected each
- matched perspective as close as I can
- color matched both
- matched black points
- adjusted curves/saturation globally
- Selective coloring for a sunny afternoon feel
- masked curves to create depth (buildings in back = less contrast)

The last step probably wasnt needed. I looked at some references, and the depth doesnt seem as dramatic as i made it.........but it makes the buildings "pop" more which I like.

Not sure if I should call it complete. I tried adding a boat to the river, but that completely screwed up the focal point. I could replace a few buildings or something. Or I can just call it an exercise.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2005#165114 Report
that's very nice
there's some black line under the bridge... where the legs and the underside meet the brownish building... you could stroke the edges with a small soft brush to make it a little transparent so that it will blend into the background - more natural this way...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2005#165119 Report
not sure if you wanted it that way, but I think the buildings have too much contrast for the distance they stand behind the bridge. Maybe soften their colours a little bit and it would look more realistic.

It's some excellent work, you have to know it to notice it's a photomanip
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2005#165160 Report
^^ image updated

I agree about the contrast. I lowered the contrast for the city, and then masked it off from left to right, which is hopefully more realistic. I also added the same effect to the bridge (including trees/water), so there's less contrast as it goes away from you. It also makes the bridge "pop" more which helps the composition.

Also I went back and cleaned up some of the edges on the brigde. Some problems were caused by sharpening (one of the black lines). There's another line (towards the center), but its actually the back of a building so I left it for now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2005#165170 Report
Looks pretty convincing now man, Good job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2005#165174 Report
Even more changes added (see link above).

I edited the perspective again and it matches much better now. Because its a sunny day, I added more bounce light underneath the bridge. Also there's two triangular highlights on the legs, which I edited so the pixel values roughly match the highlights of the buildings (so the intensity of the sun is the same all around).
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2005#165182 Report
One thing I can see.... seems to be an area of white (in the sky) to the right hand side of the 2 tallest buildings, I realise this is probably cloud, but it looks a little anomalous at the moment. I would be tempted to get my cloud shaped brushes out and subtly add a litte in the sky above the bridge.

GJ on the amalgamation though and on inreasing the sharpness of the buildings.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum