TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Illustration and Cover for Local Band's album (Not quite done yet)

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 18th 2005#164795 Report
A friend of mine who's the lead singer for a local metal band asked me to design a cover for him, and initially, I was intending to draw it, but a while back I started screwing around in photoshop a while ago, and came up with this:
First Version

Well, here's what happened. I bought a new harddrive a couple days after I began a this image, and in some haste, put it in my computer, and left it in the bottom of my case. Well, after a couple days I decided to put it in a proper drive bay. Well foolishly I opted not to turn the computer off, and I unplugged the drive, then put it in a slot, then as I went to plug the cord back in, there was a spark at the socket in the back of the drive, and the whole computer shut off. Suffice it to say, it was ruined, and the image had already been copied onto it, and deleted from the other harddrive.

So, I hadn't really made any revisions to it, and well, hadn't heard back from the guy in a couple weeks. Well, shortly after christmas, he and his bandmates finished recording, and asked if I would still be able to do the cover. Well, the only version of the image available was the low res one above. So, I opened it in photoshop, and expanded it to 16 x 20, and after a night of essentially fully re-drawing it, here's how it turned out:

Updated version

Pretty different, huh?

Also, here's some slightly modified version.
White Reflection
Tan Reflection
Green Reflection

We're leaning toward the one with the green backlighting. Anyway, we're still working out some of the other details, so this will be finished by (hopefully) some time later this week. I still have to add a background, text, and do the rest of the cover (insert pages, back cover, etc).

Lemme know what you think, or what I should change.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2005#164803 Report
It looks pretty sweet, I would've liked to see the completed version with an incomplete left arm meself. :]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2005#164805 Report
Neat. real nice. I would like to see the white one with just a tad more red in the reflection. I like that one and the updated version the best. the updated one, with the bluish is really great. You drawn that, eh ? Gooood job.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2005#164812 Report
Thats cool man, i need to get back into it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2005#164945 Report
I like the one with the green tent and the tan tent, but the backround needs more. Its just red. Add a creepy black castle in the backround with red clouds and red lightning or something. Someone that detailed and cool needs a nice backround to go with him.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum