TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hell demon, comment?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 14th 2005#164729 Report
Here i use one of my drawing and did a little "montage" was really not hard to do but still like the idea ! so what do you think?

Hell Demon

Heres the drawing whitout manip : drawing
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164754 Report
The original drawing is real nice. I would like to see some more definition in the mouth though.

For the manip...the main part has a nice tone, but I think it's a little too dark.

What's up with the + sign in the text? Doesn't seem to belong. Same with the outer glow. It's really bright and distracting and pulls the attention away from the drawing.

The border kinda makes it look like a poster, which is cool, but I'm not sure if that's what you were going for.

I hope that all made sense, I'm tired.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164756 Report
The text draws more focus than the demon, which probably isn't what you want. Try to make the demon stand out more, either with a glow, more contrasting colors, or by toning down the text a bit.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164758 Report
I like the original. Just a couple of human features in there for contrast; nice depth even though you've only done mild shading.

I hope the original doesn't crop his 'beard' at the page edge. Make sure you use big enough of a medium to let you do complete pieces. You can always crop them on a narrowed frame to add interest later if you want.

I don't care much for the PS grunged 'montage'. I've always felt that great artwork doesn't need words on the piece to tell me what it is. Just like a great writer doesn't need to tell you what to think or feel about a character. Spend your time in PS turning it into a great digital painting instead... My biased 2 cents.

Dhabih has a great tutorial to get you started thinking down that path if you fancy... >>> http://www.sijun.com/dhabih/mainscreen.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164759 Report
hi thx !
and yea its supposed to be a poster like lol and the +its my abstract side taking over :P about coloring i never tryed to color ! maibe i should try i vbeen drawing for years and i never colored one single drawing !! oh and the beard the real drawing got the full thing its just that the drawing was to big for my scanner ,hmmm and th glow in the text yea maibe your right its bright but i kinda like it like that way .....
but you guys think i should put the drawing darker?? anywhay its really late got to go sleep good night .... . ...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 17th 2005#164782 Report
[QUOTE=Slix]about coloring i never tryed to color ! maibe i should try i vbeen drawing for years and i never colored one single drawing !!

but you guys think i should put the drawing darker?? [/QUOTE]

Heck yeah, I'm of the opinion that if you want to continue to develop as an artist, you need to move on to other mediums. Keep experimenting. More and more professional artists are moving to digital.

Couple of examples of guys who are now doing all digital

http://www.toddlockwood.com Todd talks some about his pencil techniques on the FAQ section also!

http://www.eyewoo.com

If it's going to stay a drawing, then yesh, it needs lots more contrast.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2005#164796 Report
yea i saw http://www.toddlockwood.com my friend got the art book that you see on the website he as some really impresive art !!!!! still dont know how to do it do you know like any tutorial or something but still the demon i cant see any color that will fit him ?? and hmmm can i post drawing on this part of the forum ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2005#164799 Report
I think what this forum needs is a works-in-progress section. Anyway, good stuff you've got here, but I do agree that the image is a little too dark to really pop the way I'm sure it does in person. Unless you drew it on some kinda gray peper, which I don't think you did, did you?

Anyway, try increasing the contrast, then copy it onto it's own layer, then change the blend mode to multiply, then you can color whatever you want underneath. As far as what and how to color it, well...try something, and see what you like.

I can direct you to a couple tutorials on digital painting, but I can't think of all too many that have to do with some specifically with coloring lineart.

Anyway, good to see some new stuff on this forum. Keep it up
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 19th 2005#164868 Report

Basic Techniques

More advanced

Not that expensive, they're trade paperbacks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2005#164895 Report
yea these are nice book i have some book in the same way but am searching how to color digitaly ?? tutorial,book if anybody can help

and no i didnt drew it on a grey paper i just put the picture in greyscale :P
and i gess you like my idea of work in progress pganguly ! and your coloring is really nice by the way and you robot i drew one that look a bit like that a while ago maibe ill post it someday !
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum