TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Website layout

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 14th 2005#164701 Report
Well, well... I could finally work on my website I started last summer... I'm about to finish the layout, I'm workin on the details now and I'll have to make a shape for the bottom, but it's it's pretty much complete.

I know I didn't go with a simple design... I am fully aware that many here don't like busy layouts, hehe, but I didn't want to havve any restriction and I did what I had in mind.

I posted a similar screenshot of this a few months ago and since then I fixed many things and now that it looks decent I wanted some opinions on it again.

Note that the yellow "light" on the "photography" is a try of a rollover I had in mind... what do you think?

C & C will be very appreciated

*click the image*

Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2005#164718 Report
its not that bad maybe try it with out the pointy things at the top and the outter glow. or atleast change the color of the outter glow from the default ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164743 Report
Thanks for the (only) reply

maybe try it with out the pointy things at the top

It actually looks alot better when the whole background is there... you feel more the 3dish I tried to achieve... I also tried it without them (the external bodrer was the same shape as the layout itself) and didn't think it was looking right, but I'll check it again.

or atleast change the color of the outter glow from the default

What you mean exactly? I didn't even use outer glow in this layout, heh.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164744 Report
I like the buttons and the rusty/abandoned look. I don't like the bg of the panels I think it looks too regular to be "derelict" and too irregular to be smooth..dunno if that makes sense to you. Why not use some rusty steel shutters - the wide type - the ones you always see in bad SciFi movies...

oh and... where's the name??
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164747 Report
thanks,

Do have any examples of what you're talking about? So I can be sure of what you meant.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164761 Report
if you mean the steel shutters - You have an example in your own layout
look at the round "vent holes" or whatever they are - the one on the left has vines crawling down from it.. well - if you enlarge them - proportionally - to be the same size as your panels - how would the shutters look like?...

something like this
but with more "panache" I just roughed up something
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164769 Report
Hey that's a really nice idea, I never thought of that! I'll give it a try for sure when I'll find a good texture for it. Seriously thanks alot, it's gonna look awesome

btw, to answer your post before, the name will be "slightly Out of Focus" located there: www.slightlyoutoffocus.com

Also, do you think those "blured edges" around the panels and around the main content field look like somekind of metal that goes up (I really have no idea how to explain this) but do you have the impression that it's beveled or 3d? I just wanted to know if people see the same thing as I do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 17th 2005#164778 Report
you know what I'd do with the bg? - I'd make it like chicken wire - and "break" it around the edges... since you went with grunge it might work out... you can even put some dirt or vines on it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 17th 2005#164781 Report
How could you have missed the obvious need for the gratuitous scanlines over the photo in the top 'screen' area???

Next time post in the Website showcase... I don't ever check this area...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 18th 2005#164791 Report
Hey, that looks like it could be very nice mihai... let me the time to make all the ideas you're bringing to me, lol

and yeah I should of maybe put this in the website showcase... but it'll be there, one day
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum