TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Das Traumbild 2

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 10th 2005#164607 Report

*omg, no poem?*

Taken as a study of relationships between color and composition curves between elements in the picture. The shadow that the centaur casts is deliberately put the way it is put - with that I was trying to achieve the surrealistic note of the artworks and additionally mentally deform the surface on which it stands. What I find fun about this image is that it started as an anatomically correct centaur.

The lack of detail on the head part can be attributed to the fact that it does not have that much of an importance on the image itself, it does however, in a combination with the brush stroke, own an additional composition value, as it ends up forming an imaginary circle (well, elipse). The sad part of it all is that the web version doesn't even start to compare to the quality and amount of detail the original on canvas has, but that's the way it is.

Dedicated to Stasha.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2005#164612 Report
Awesome. The colors are so vivid and, even though I'm not usually a big fan of surrealistic stuff, I would proudly hang this on my wall.

Although you have your reasons for the way the shadow is placed, I personally find it a bit out of place.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2005#164614 Report
Thank you, my friend.

The shadow *is* out of place, that's the whole joke. But look at it from another perspective - try to figure out how the eel looks like IF the shadow was correct. Do you see the deformation of surface you immediatelly create in your head?

That's what I wanted to achieve.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum