TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Logo Design?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 7th 2005#164532 Report

Looks too heavy: any suggestion on a simple improvement?
Any comments?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 7th 2005#164534 Report
at a glance the blue weights that corner down, and the gray on 'sterling' is too light to anchor the logo.

a bit more info would help...what sort of entity its for, what you're trying to convey with it, etc.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 7th 2005#164537 Report
Thanks Chris,

Sterling Planet develops and markets renewable energy. [to mostly business / goverment, but also consumers] I want to convey the clean, professional image.

Any other suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 8th 2005#164551 Report
well, the first cliched thought would be to play off the 'renewable' angle, look at some sort of recycle-like symbol to integrate in there. i think the green/blue are good colors for the planet and renewable ideas (maybe not those exact tones, i'd go for a richer green), it'd be interesting to see if you could play off those two colors and create some sort of water/land analogy. maybe try the round form in different places, coming up thru the bottom/middle of 'planet' for example. just do lots of sketches and lots of playing

saw you over on relevant btw, i'm chrisfig over there, just signed up.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 8th 2005#164553 Report
I'm sure the curve on "PLANET" is supposed to show the curvature of a planet... but - I think it'd be more appropriate to have the planet green ("green planet" right?) and the "sky" blue - a lighter shade maybe....basically invert the colors.

Does anyone else thinks "sterling planet" sounds a bit too much like "sterile planet" ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2005#164674 Report
not a bad start, all the previous suggestions are great the only thing that i would add is to make "Sterling" text black maybe that would = out color weights

or invert the colors and move Sterling on the bottom and make it black

just try few differemt combinations and see wich one your client likes the best or you,

Good luck,
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum