TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

[ART] Dawning Star

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 10th 2004#163671 Report
Some interior work done for Dawning Star. Comments & Critiques are welcome and encouraged!

The human spirit shines greatest during the darkest of times. Never was this proven more fully than in the year 2196. With certain doom hurtling toward our planet, the free countries of the world united and prepared for a mass exodus aboard a score of gargantuan transports. But our escape was just the beginning of the adventure. By some freak occurrence, our ship, the Dawning Star, was sent hurtling across the galaxy. We found ourselves alone, cut off from the fleet, in alien territory. It was not in our nature to give up. We found a habitable planet and began our new life. In the intervening years, we have encountered strange new species, overcome dire threats, and taken the first few steps in building a new life.
Setting: Frontier of a new world. Wild West meets Space Opera.
Theme: Think Lost In Space meets Final Fantasy.

This case study is in tandem with the peer thread, META-COMMUNICATIONS: An Art Direction Tutorial. If you would like to read more about it go here.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2004#163673 Report
Holy mother of crap, I didn't remember you were on this forum too.

I'm on conceptdesignforum.com too. Good stuff, although what area of the competition are you entering? 2d it looks like?

Anyway, I'd love to see some more character sketches, but your stuff here is really cool nonetheless.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum